Game desktop (help a brother out!)

All right, thank you so much for all the help! Really, I appreciate it immensely.

One last question before I order the parts on Monday (wheeee!): are you sure the main board from ASROCK (the MXGHP0-A0UAYZ) has a 1150 socket? Because I've done some research and it always says "skt1155" on every site. I'd hate to order it only to see it's not compatible w/ all the other parts.

Thanks again!

I'm buying at Amazon.co.uk (not .fr) because it's cheaper (for some weird reason -- at least it is when I convert my total to euro). (if you buy in £ do you have to pay extra tax for conversion to €?)

When trying to search the parts on .uk I accidentally made a mistake and ended up with this: ASROCK - 90-MXGHP0-A0UAYZ - MAIN BOARD, SKT1155, H61M-S: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics instead of ASRock B85 PRO4 Motherboard (Socket 1150, H87 Express, DDR3, S-ATA 600, Mini ITX, Haswell, Supports 4th Generation Intel Core Processors): Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

This pretty much explains my confusion. The sockets are listed as 1150 on .uk. Could someone verify the second link is the right mother board?

Also for peripherals I was buying this:

Razer Deathstalker Expert Gaming Keyboard
Logitech x-140
Ben-q gw2255

Does anyone know if these are good?

EDIT: I'll have to buy from another site since Amazon won't deliver the graphic card and another part. It would also take more than 2 weeks to ship... I don't want to wait that long -_-

Last edited:
Those descriptions seem to be completely ****ed up. Says B85 Pro4 then later on says mITX H87 Express blah blah.

Does the .uk site ship to your location?

If the original B85 Pro4 is correct, then yes that board will work.

Deathstalker? I've watched people type on that. Looked like a turd.

Right, so tomorrow my little adventure into the world of PC building will kick off. I've found a store (actually three stores which are in the same city) where I can buy the parts I need. Then I can spend the entire afternoon on assembly.

First off, I want to thank everyone for the advice so far. Without you I would still be searching for a good pre-build PC without a clue what to look for.

I hope that all goes well and I'll be able to tell that my PC is operational tomorrow. If not, I hope I'll be able to figure things out with a bit of help. Worst case scenario and I'll have to take things to the store and ask for help.

Again, thank you.

Wish me luck,
Rawne.

Hey guys, working on my new PC now. I'm installing my CPU (it's locked in place) and I'm going to install the stock heatfan. Problem is, I don't see any thermal paste on it... I thought the intel i5 - 4570 came with a stock fan with preapplied thermal paste? Or aren't you supposed to see the paste?

I think I might have been looking in the wrong place (on the metal raster). Is thermal paste those three greyish lines on the copper circle on the bottom of the fan?

I installed the cpu and the fan. Now I'm trying to install the memory and the Newegg video advises me to read the motherboard manual to figure out which of the four slots I want to use...

But I can't find anything in the manual...

Anyone know where I should install those corsair ram things? The motherboard is the asus b85-g (don't know if that's the same as the asrock but i couldn't find that one anywhere). Do I use the gold slots or the black ones? Or one of both?

Back
Top Bottom