Game desktop (help a brother out!)

Intel Core i5-4570 CPU
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz RAM
EVGA GTX 770 2GB GDDR5 GPU
ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard
Cosair TX650 PSU
ASUS DVD/CD R/W
Western Digital 1TB Blue Hard Drive (7200RPM)
Cooler Master HAF912 Case (pretty much this is a personal choice)

Awesome setup in my opinion. Totals out to 1070 euros.
I'm not sure if you have an operating system, otherwise you'll have to get that too. If not, then spend that to get a Solid State Drive as the operating system drive.

Also, I'm certain you could probably find more inexpensive DVD drives and cases than I could. I was trying to find stuff that you didn't have to wait for 1-2 months to get lol.
Drop the board to an ASRock B85 since he doesn't need a Z board and you're not recommending a K CPU.
Asrock 90-MXGPW0-A0UAYZ Intel B85 Socket H2(1155) 1 x Ethernet 1 x HDMI 4 x USB 2.0 2 x USB 3.0: Amazon.fr: Informatique
Also need to figure out if French Amazon will ship to Belgium.

Next up, I would drop the 770 to a 760, and drop the PSU to this to save a bit of cash.
Seasonic S12II-620W Alimentation pour PC 620 W 120 mm 80Plus BRONZE: Amazon.fr: Informatique

With the saved cash the OP should have enough to buy his peripherals.

Drop the board to an ASRock B85 since he doesn't need a Z board and you're not recommending a K CPU.
Asrock 90-MXGPW0-A0UAYZ Intel B85 Socket H2(1155) 1 x Ethernet 1 x HDMI 4 x USB 2.0 2 x USB 3.0: Amazon.fr: Informatique
Also need to figure out if French Amazon will ship to Belgium.

Next up, I would drop the 770 to a 760, and drop the PSU to this to save a bit of cash.
Seasonic S12II-620W Alimentation pour PC 620 W 120 mm 80Plus BRONZE: Amazon.fr: Informatique

With the saved cash the OP should have enough to buy his peripherals.
Fair enough, it's still a beastly machine even at that point. You could even use some of that saved money to get a solid state drive too.

Amazon.fr say they ship to Belgium, with exception to "Heavy bulky and very high value items". So you're free to speculate what that applies to.

EDIT: Will a Haswell CPU fit in an 1155 socket?

Last edited:
That's going to be a ****up on Amazon's part because it's B85 which is 1150, and if you Google it they say 1150 as well.

Coming in at that, he still has to buy a monitor and others. He doesn't have enough cash for an SSD really. These prices are a bit high.

I don't know about Amazon.fr but I think Amazon.uk does ship. But then again... I think amazon.uk ships through amazon.fr. And I never bought anything bulky so... Still, I could ask customer support and (if not) get the larger parts elsewhere? If they ship up to 5 books in a box then they should ship the larger parts too right? I mean it's the same size/weight.

Also, just thinking: with the specs I got will I be able to upgrade my machine? Because if I buy it and assemble it myself it would be interesting if I could upgrade my machine with new parts if I ever found myself in need.

Thanks for the help all, I'll give it all a closer look later when I have some time.

I don't know about Amazon.fr but I think Amazon.uk does ship. But then again... I think amazon.uk ships through amazon.fr. And I never bought anything bulky so... Still, I could ask customer support and (if not) get the larger parts elsewhere? If they ship up to 5 books in a box then they should ship the larger parts too right? I mean it's the same size/weight.

Also, just thinking: with the specs I got will I be able to upgrade my machine? Because if I buy it and assemble it myself it would be interesting if I could upgrade my machine with new parts if I ever found myself in need.

Thanks for the help all, I'll give it all a closer look later when I have some time.
I don't think you would have an issue but you're more than welcome to call them up and ask. That's on you lol.

Yes, you can upgrade ANY custom PC. The CPU/motherboard/RAM combo will last a while. Later on you can upgrade the GPU to something better when the time comes easily. The PSU's linked (the Corsair TX650, Seasonic 620) will pretty much handle any single GPU setup you through at them easily too.

Why is it not needed? Where else do I put the discs and dvd/cds I buy? Or am I getting this wrong?

Also do I need an extra component to get wifi on my PC?

Why is it not needed? Where else do I put the discs and dvd/cds I buy? Or am I getting this wrong?
It depends from person to person, but everything can be accomplished now with a usb flash drive so it's kind of making cd's obsolete. Car radios have USB ports and auxiliary ports so people can plug their ipods, iphones, smart phones, usb drives, etc. to listen to music.

Even installing operating systems can be done easily through the usb interface (and it installs much faster too). Drivers, software, various programs, etc. can all be downloaded from the manufacturers on their respective websites. So yeah, in a sense, they can be "not needed".

As for getting wifi on this bad boy, yes you'll need a wireless adapter to get wifi signals. If you list what your wireless router is, I or someone else would be able to give you a recommendation on one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom