Galaxy 8800gt vs XFX 8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ok guys...so whats your opinions on these two cards if prices were equal?

XFX 8800GT, Product ID: PV-T88P-YDF4
NCIX.com - Buy XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB 600MHZ 1.8GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E DIRECTX10 Video Card - PVT88PYDF4 In Canada.

vs

Galaxy KFA2 GeForce 8800GT, Product ID:88YFF6HUFEXX
NCIX.com - Buy Galaxy KFA2 GeForce 8800GT 600MHZ 512MB 1.8GHZ DDR3 PCI-E DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - 88YFF6HUFEXX In Canada.

I have the Galaxy but can do a straight up trade for the XFX if i don't open the box, I have to admit I think the Galaxy is butt ugly and I do like slimness of XFX but from what I've read in my haste here is that the galaxy will OC much better than XFX? Would like some opinions from the educated gallery...

looks like the Galaxy has an aftermarket cooler, and I think hmammen mentioned something about it having a higher OC limit get that :D

the XFX one is a lot cheaper right now according to those links, and would come with lifetime warrenty. The other might overclock a bit more but i dunno if 50$ is worth the few extra MHz.

if you already have the galaxy and want to trade just because its ugly theres no reason, unless you can get some money back. I cant see it clocking "much" better because i dont have any heat issues holding my OC back on stock cooling in the first place. but i've a dual slot card so its a bit different.

I think the galaxy looks really good actually. I definately would not swap.

Lol, i think its the ugliest card I've seen, no word of a lie. It's no biggie, I have a friend who just bought the XFX and likes the galaxy better if there was no difference between the two I'd swap as I like the slimmer card better but from what I saw the galaxy is a better OC and I don't car how ugly it gets if it OCs well. Just wanted some RL experience rather than the online reviews. looks like i'm gonna keep the galaxy at this point, love that easy access jumper for OC'ing.

Lol, i think its the ugliest card I've seen, no word of a lie. It's no biggie, I have a friend who just bought the XFX and likes the galaxy better if there was no difference between the two I'd swap as I like the slimmer card better but from what I saw the galaxy is a better OC and I don't car how ugly it gets if it OCs well. Just wanted some RL experience rather than the online reviews. looks like i'm gonna keep the galaxy at this point, love that easy access jumper for OC'ing.

They're the same GPU, one shouldn't be better than the other. XFX = lifetime warranty, unlimited transfers = higher resale in the long run. I haven't seen too many people with a higher OC than my XFX without artifacting...haven't seen any actually.

Galaxy one comes with a nice cooler, ton better than the standard cooler, though i seen ncix selling it with a $70 MIR. Just wait till that comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom