Galaxy 8800GT 512mb vs EVGA 8800gts 320mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So was looking at this deal online:

NCIX.com - Buy NCIX Gaming Starter Kit W/ Galaxy 8800GT Moneual ATX Case 2GB Ballistix RAM -UNASSEMBLED - 8800-CASE-2GB In Canada.

Thinking of selling the RAM, my current EVGA 8800gts 320MB on ebay, swapping in the the 8800GT and keeping the case which i like....

Figure I can get $40 for the RAM and maybe $160 for the card? so once everything is said and done it would cost me about $70 for the card upgrade+case.

Make sense? Is it much of an upgrade, I've heard of galaxy but never used one of their cards. How much of an upgrade would i see going to the 8800GT 512MB from my current GTS?

It should be a good upgrade. It has the ability to overclock more, as well as run cooler than the GTS.

Hey its Jfenwick! Where have you been man!!

anyways back on topic: new ones sell for $200-250 now....

I'd say you could trick a person on eBay to sell it for around the same price

i have the galaxy 8800GT 512mb....i have to say, with the aftermarket copper orb cooler and dual 6 pin connectors(more voltage for OCing), it seems to be the fastest 8800GT...

I'm thinking of getting a new videocard myself, Crossfire my HD 3850 with a new 3870 or just a buy a new 8800GT and sell my HD 3850, decisions decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom