Gainward Bliss 512Mb 6800GS AGP Golden Sample

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0dge

Hiphopapotamus.
I'm thinking of buying this beast, how much of an improvement d'y'all thinkit'd make to my bf2 performance (I mean graphically, I know it's not gonna make me play any better!!) if I just added it to my existing system (see sig)?

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=392226

I currently get about 30-ish FPS with everything on low/off @ 1024x768.

When I play, my 2600+ is at 100% all the time. I know I need to upgrade that too, but I want to do the Graphics card first.

Thanks guys,

B

Well I just had a look around and that seems like a good deal if you're sticking with AGP.

You will see notable performance increases for sure, but I would upgrade that CPU, and maybe upgrade to 2gig RAM (BF2 likes to chew-up the RAM) :)

In conclusion.. go for it mate :D

Cool, that's pretty much all i needed. Roll on midnight when my pay goes into my account......

Thanks very much for your quick response and if anyone else has any opinions/advice, tell me before midnight GMT!!!

B

Right, I bought the card, installed it, installed the latest drivers, and got an aquamark3 score of 21000 (10000+ less than with my 9800).
So I installed the drivers that came with the card-->same score. OCed it to 535/1.3 and got 24000.

Surely this card should be killing the 9800, even on my 2600+ based system?

Any suggestions?

B.

thats odd...Your 6800 should blow the 9800 out of the water...

Whats the specs on the psu?

EDIT: Change your sig :p

Yeah, I know about the sig! Haven't got round to it yet!

The PSU is a cheap 480w one with only 16A on the 12v rail, but I've tried aquamark3 with just the HDD and 6800 plugged in and get the same results, and i can't believe the card and HDD use nearly 200 watts between them.... Or maybe they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom