G92 GeForce 8800 GTS, Pics & Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats what i wanna know.. and if not that.. how about some gtx revisions w/ some more shaders.. no way i wanna lose to some **** gts'

They will NOT be making a GTX revision, there is no reason for them to do so. Next year, or maybe even in December, we will probably hear some official talk about the 9-Series coming in the near future. I told you about the GTS G92 a while ago. Actually, let me pull up a quote :):

I just don't see why you'd want to buy a GTX at this point... the difference between the GT and GTX is minimal and hardly worth almost double the price... definitely wait for the 8800GTS v2 it will probably beat out the GTX and come very close to the Ultra.

The way i see it is Nvidia is the top dog and all can ATi can do is a price war.. which i believe they are doing. ie.. 3870XT vs 8800GT.. now we see that nvidia is beginning to see this why they probably released the 8800GT at a sensible price. Come on look at the prices of the top end Nvidia cards.. £300-400 for a top end card.. and thats not even sli. You could do Radeon Quadfire for the same price as 1 Nvidia ultra. CPU and RAM prices have dropped considerably so has everything else to a certain degree except graphics cards (nvidia). Nvidia got a hold on the market and actually do need a kick up the arse. They need to drop their prices considerably.. i hope ATi keep lowering their prices to provoke nvidia to do so aswell..

I would like to see a G92 8800GT, or a sneak peak at the mysterious 9-Series. Although that looks like it will be one of the fastest cards out their beside the 8800GT SSC.

I would like to see a G92 8800GT, or a sneak peak at the mysterious 9-Series. Although that looks like it will be one of the fastest cards out their beside the 8800GT SSC.

The 8800GT was the first G92. :freak:

No, the Ultra is still the fastest there is, even though it is G80. The 8800GT is the first card with the new G92 architecture, but is a mid-high budget card. It just has great performance, given it's price. The upgraded GTS with G92 architecture should exceed 8800GT performance, but who knows how it will stand up to the GTX and Ultra (the two fastest cards on the market at the moment). Prolly somewhere in between methinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom