G80 and R600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

In Runtime
Is it true that these cards are rumoured to take up to 300w of power by themselves? If so, What size of a power supply would the average gamer need to run one of these cards as part of a high end gaming system?

If the rumor is true, you'd need atleast 550 - 600 watts. If you want SLI/Crossfire, you'd need like 850watts.

Thats not true at all, how can you confirm such a thing anyway, CrazeD? Have you ever owned one?

a single card will never take up 300W, and not even close to 50amps, 7950GX2 takes up like 40 at peak.

-Jo.

Yoad said:
Thats not true at all, how can you confirm such a thing anyway, CrazeD? Have you ever owned one?

a single card will never take up 300W, and not even close to 50amps, 7950GX2 takes up like 40 at peak.

-Jo.

I didn't confirm anything, I said "if the rumor is true".

CrazeD said:
I didn't confirm anything, I said "if the rumor is true".

sorry, I didnt notice the "if" I thought you wrote "the rumour is true"

Apologizes again..

-Jo.

Everyone needs Quad SLI PC Power & Cooling 1Kw power supplies! ahhh! </sarcasm>

On a more serious note, nothing's really been confirmed, and I don't know what other components you may be running now or in the future, but if you wanted to be sure, I'd suggest the newest PCP&C power supply, 610W, 83% efficiency, dual PCI-E connectors, at a decent price, $169 at newegg, last I checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom