G80 Dual Core GPU!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Radience said:
Nvidia will have released new, low-end GeForce 8 cards (GeForce 8600GT?) by the time Vista is released in early 2007, so you just sit tight and wait if you're not up to the top-of-the-line stuff, its not like you're going to need it.

Windows Vista is supposed to be $200 for the complete version, with everything there and nothing taken out or missing.

One more thing you need to remember is that integrated graphics will also work. You don't need to spend $500 on a DX10 videocard, integrated graphics will do fine, just not for gaming.

Also, I'm not going to read the whole thread, but you don't need a DX10/G80 card to run Windows Vista, that you can do on your current GeForce 6600 or something. Just to run DX10 games, you'll need a DX10 card.

Yes this is all correct. Please remember everyone, You need a dx10 card to run dx10 games it will not be backwards compatible like it is now days although you can run dx9 games with a dx10 card.

You won't need a dx10 card to run vista. And the most important thing here is: YOU NEED VISTA AND A DX10 CARD TO RUN DX10 GAMES.

You won't need a dx10 card to run vista. And the most important thing here is: YOU NEED VISTA AND A DX10 CARD TO RUN DX10 GAMES.
Haha that made me laugh. :p
Final note & Prediction: PS3 is going to blow...heheh, the release date was already pushed back on it; because, it's specs couldn't compete with an already released infamous system...which 99% of the released system's games suck any way...
Metal Gear Solid 4 looks a **** of alot better than Perfect Dark or anything else on Xbox360. I dont see where it can "blow". Dont be mistaken, im an Xbox fanboy too.

Eh, you did a lot of speculation there buddy. While the makers don't have 2 years worth of videocard technology piled up, the cards are ready earlier than we think. Fact: During the time that the NV40 (GeForce 6800s) were in final development (meaning the weeks leading up to release), GeForce 7 was already in development. To comepare that to today; You can bet that in the weeks leading up to the release of GeForce 8, GeForce 9 will already be researched and will be beginning it's design. Keep in mind though, Dev and Final Dev are different things. Final Dev would be working out the kinks and stuff; the Final Dev product could look significantly different from the beginning Dev product (GeForce 7900GTX was supposed to have 32 pipes-that was beginning dev. It ended up having 24 pipes-thats final dev.)

Basically, GeForce 9 will soon begin it's development. I don't think that its anything insidious by Nvidia, why not begin development early. The product's going to come out when its going to come out, as long as all the kinks are worked out, who cares when we get to have the GeForce 9800GTXTX.

----

PS3 will own you, and because it has a PhysX processor, it will own most PCs too.

Pc will own PS3 though when PhysX cards are released and certain other technologies. On topic though, video cards and relevant companies have been doing that for years. Like the guy said, its a marketing scam. Were actualy being screwed out of real good techonolgy because of greedy *******s up top.

Um...thats the opposite of what I said. Companies DO NOT have stockpiles of technology not to be released 2 years in the future. Its not a corporate evildoer thing.

What IS true, however, is that research on new technology is being done earlier than we think. Emphasis on that because its no secret either, just most people don't know how far companies really are in technology.

cyrax said:
What benefits do you lose by running HL2 in DX7 mode? :confused:

Objects like to fade off once you back away from it further then somewhere around 5-30ft depending on the object. This is especially a nuisance in Garry's mod. But there was a mod for Gmod that improved visuals and fixed the fade away problem.

I think it's not a bad idea to get a high-end GPU now. I mainly think this because it will play games fine on high settings for enough time to see both the G80 and the R600. Then if the R600 ends up being better then the G80 you wouldn't spent 500+ dollars on a G80. Also it gives time to hear anything about a "8900 GTX or X2900 XTX" or someother improved version of the card. Then if you can sell your card (depending on your selling skills) you can shave off the cost for the card. Right now you can get a retail Sapphire X1900 XT for $420 dollars off newegg ($450 - $30 mail in rebate).

Also keep in mind about PPUs which enter the market soon (actually they've already did but you have to spend a crap load of money to get a Alienware, Dell XPS, or Falcon computers that has one equiped).

The first DX10 capable game/engine will be Crysis (crytek engine) and at an interview on computerandvideogames.com the devs said it will release Winter 2006; and all the pics/footage you've seen of the game are all in DX9 hardware and on a singlecore CPU (the engine does have multi-threading so if you have dualcore you will see improvment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom