G80?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ren0nie0

Baseband Member
Anyone know an aprox. time the g80 is supposed to come out and an aprox. price range? I have a new build and may not buy a gfx card at all if the g80 is coming out soon and is affordable.

Well, the G80 will probably be called the 8800GT, and I'd guess it'll be out this fall, maybe winter. Expect to pay $300-$400.

is it worth the wait. should i just buy a 7900gt? i don't NEED a gfx card do i? the sytem will run without one right? just if i wanted to play games right? my first build i'm not quite sure.

ren0nie0 said:
is it worth the wait. should i just buy a 7900gt? i don't NEED a gfx card do i? the sytem will run without one right? just if i wanted to play games right? my first build i'm not quite sure.

if u dont have onboard video (integrated), then how the **** will u see anything on the monitor........well i guess u wouldnt really need one if u memorized all buttons to be pressed so that u can do it without seeing it, but i doubt that. you will need a video card, if ur not playing games, buy a cheap one, like a 6600GT or x1600 xt

ya. just buy the cheapest gfx card you can find. Tha is if you dont intend on gaming on it untill winter. LOL that would be fun.

brand new PC but cant play any games. :)

Get a 7900GT from EVGA. They have a program where you can send it back to them for a graphics card of the same price. That's what I'm doing, as long as they let me pay the difference in price.
EDIT: Only within 90 days, and it has to be in good condition with all original stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom