G71 - Where is it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amidamaru

In Runtime
When is it coming out in UK????

I been delaying to get my pc for 2-3 weeks because of it was being related soon.. so wheres this 7900 GTX >_<

Before you grab a 7900GTX you should see how it compares against the X1900XT which is probably going to be more powerful and cheaper too. Some benchmarks should be coming real soon so I would just wait before you spend 600 USD for one.

Beefcake said:
Before you grab a 7900GTX you should see how it compares against the X1900XT which is probably going to be more powerful and cheaper too. Some benchmarks should be coming real soon so I would just wait before you spend 600 USD for one.
Seriously, it looks like ATI might have won this round.

003 said:

As long as their drivers don't let X1900's down in the long run, good going to them (I have a slight personal preference to them, but I end up going for Nvidia due to poor ATI drivers.) But lets wait until the benchtests come.

Edit: www.overclockers.co.uk they will most likley get it before any other site.

Well, I'm glad ATI beat nvidia. It's check and balances, don't want nvidia to control the whole gaming market and put whatever price they want.

Even though the X1900XT will most likely beat out the 7900GTX I would still wait. If something costs 500 or 600 dollars, I'm going to be **** sure I get my money's worth.

Beefcake said:
Well, I'm glad ATI beat nvidia. It's check and balances, don't want nvidia to control the whole gaming market and put whatever price they want.

Even though the X1900XT will most likely beat out the 7900GTX I would still wait. If something costs 500 or 600 dollars, I'm going to be **** sure I get my money's worth.

ATI has traditionally and currently controlled more of the market share than nVidia.

Ryan

Exactly, although they started up earlier than Nvidia I believe, buy a fair amount of years. Nvidia never really "caught up" to ATI until they released the Geforce 6x00 series. But as Ryan pointed out, ATI still holds a fairly large advantage over Nvidia when it comes to market share. Nvidia does seem to be gaining a lot annually though.

Yea, and then the next big battle would be the G80 vs the R600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom