G.Skill HZ's or other 2GB 800MHZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude112

In Runtime
I know the G.Skill HZ's are really good but are they are also more expensive.
I'm gonna use my rig mostly for gaming but I'm not playing it on max resolution. Have also never OC'ed before and won't do it for a while until my computer get's a bit slow and even then won't try to go to the max.

I'm planning on building a computer that will at least last for 2-3 years without any upgrading. Are the HZ's still the ones to get or should i get other ones?

It's been moving to Ballistix ever since, I often recommended it...lol jk...but I have been doing it for some time now. They are cheaper and can do just as good. Ballistix hasn't got the rep, compared to HZs before, because Crucial use to be so expensive.

here's another option that is the same price as b1g's crucial and will also do just as well...
you guys know what it is lol:

Newegg.com - CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

comes down to product loyalty now.

peter we switched cos now the price of the other good brands are lower then the HZ and they are evenly matched performance-wise. when gskill was half the price of everything else, it was a bomb a$$ deal. now its no big deal. and to be honest, im not nearly as impressed with my HZ as i had hoped. they're good, dont get me wrong.

my g.skill runs at 1000 5-5-5-15 at only 2.1volts...i just want another set of RAM and i would get the ballstix, but having 2 different sets of ram might have issues..or should i just go ahead and jump on the ballistix and oc to ddr2-1000 with all four chips

not to be a one-upper but the xms2 in my possesion does 4-4-4-12 @ 1000mhz pretty easy. i can run my HZ that high with those timings. but it wont do 4-4-4-12 that high.

always use identical sticks of ram, i have had HUGE problems with using different brands in the past. Unless you can find proof that gskill and crucial is compatible dont do it

I just sent my Ballistix to 1200/5-5-5-15-2T, and it did it pretty easily, under stock voltage. But then I like it 1000/4-4-4-12-2T better, for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom