fx-57 vs. 4800?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm okay heres my final question. raw processing power, what has more? all costs and everything set aside, lets look at just the power these two chips have.
when im doing crap like transcoding videos from .avi to .mp4 or .mpeg, (for my ipod) whats quicker? right now on average it take 10 minutes at 2800mhz (stock) its a lot quicker when its OC'd, but its not OC'd right now. besides im trying to sell it so the less its overclocked the better... although ive already done the damage by doing in the first place.

lazer_viking said:
Wow, that is absolutley stunning. But I do have a question. What is an estimated Intel equivalent to AMD 2.8 GHz? I just want some comparision.

Let me just put it this way ... My X2 3800+ @ 2.6Ghz got a 35 second SuperPI 1M, and my Conroe E6600 @ stock 2.4ghz got a 21 second SuperPI 1M, and at 3.5Ghz I get 14.594 seconds. (If you don't know, SuperPI is a program that calculates pi to a set number of decimal places, 1M is 1 million decimals past 3.)

General, you pushed it past 3.5Ghz?? Getting it in a few months and OCing it to the max. :D

The General said:
Let me just put it this way ... My X2 3800+ @ 2.6Ghz got a 35 second SuperPI 1M, and my Conroe E6600 @ stock 2.4ghz got a 21 second SuperPI 1M, and at 3.5Ghz I get 14.594 seconds. (If you don't know, SuperPI is a program that calculates pi to a set number of decimal places, 1M is 1 million decimals past 3.)
You're saying that your AMD X2 chip LOST to an intel chip with a LOWER clock speed? Did you make a mistake there? or something?

Umm ... Do you live on the moon?

Have you read anything about Core 2 Duos?

The 1.83Ghz Core 2 Duo beats an X2 3800+ @ 2.6Ghz...

gaara said:
Before upgrading anything I strongly recommend that anyone take a few seconds and ask themselves, does my current computer do everything I need it to do?

I need my computer to make me happy
Only Core 2 Duos make me happy
So naturally I must buy a Core 2 duo.

:)

alexsabree said:
... if i got a conroe i would water cool it with the most expensive thing ever

I would treat that monster like my only son, wonder why, well just look at my specs :(

Only thing im missin is a good cpu :p
ur issing alot of things in ur build in wouldnt be worth gettign a conrow with ur specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom