FX-57 vs 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Now, i have purchased the AMD 4000 with the san diego core. i looked on newegg to see the comparible differences between the FX and the 4000 and, everything is identical, why is that? what exactly am i getting more then aside the 2.8 versus the some 2.6 or so on the 4000?

Ok, so that's possibly the biggest difference as a reaccuring theme. and General, as much as i have respect for intel, i have the amd, and particularly don't care for the conroe being so over priced. now, the clock multiplier means what as far as performance?

intel lacks upgradability thats y i like amd yes a 215 dollar intel chip but then u need a new mobo so its not really worth it anyway comes to about 350 and the new conroes are new teh 4000+ is fairlie old and in gamming outperforms most pentium d i know when my friend went to duel core he got a 4200+ he got higher fps wit his 4000+ single core and the 3800+ outepreformes pentium d extreme but yes teh new conroe chips are kick *** if u have money

the clock multiplier means what as far as performance?

The unlocked multi on the fx chips means that you have some more flexibility when overclocking. This means that you don't have to worry about the overclockability of your RAM, or the use of memory dividers. You can just use the mulit associated with the clock speed of the CPU to increase the clock speed.

intel lacks upgradability thats y i like amd yes a 215 dollar intel chip but then u need a new mobo so its not really worth it anyway comes to about 350 and the new conroes are new teh 4000+ is fairlie old and in gamming outperforms most pentium d i know when my friend went to duel core he got a 4200+ he got higher fps wit his 4000+ single core and the 3800+ outepreformes pentium d extreme but yes teh new conroe chips are kick *** if u have money
What? :confused:

Elbatrop1 said:
The unlocked multi on the fx chips means that you have some more flexibility when overclocking. This means that you don't have to worry about the overclockability of your RAM, or the use of memory dividers. You can just use the mulit associated with the clock speed of the CPU to increase the clock speed.

What? :confused:

I understand now, of course, the little rant he was talking on the pentiums makes more sense to me, i understand the technology n such, but i'am so much used to reading up on AMD's then P4's. and with dual core technology out now it's a wonder of what i could get. i don't plan on overclocking my current 4000, but either a dual core or turion in a laptop would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom