FX-55's looking to be a good upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
hey, just thought this was a really great deal for an fx-55... free 250 gb seagate hard drive with it for only about 200 bucks... so for anyone still willing to stick singlecore.. and always wanted an fx series.. here it is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103527

pshh.. i remember a couple months ago these things were still 600 dollars.. man... what happened... and now they even come with free hard drives... insane....

wow, i have no idea how this thread was posted twice, i'm terribly sorry, can a moderator please shut one down?

that is insane......wow. Torn between upgrading to the FX or waiting it out to upgrade my vga card.:(

BTW......what type of percentage increase would you guys say I'd get by upgrading to the FX? I may order it now depending on what you guys say.
Also, I won't be upgrading from 939 anytime soon, ubless money falls from the sky....

realistically, probably not much by most standards, it's a 400 mhz increase at stock, but in overclocking, with a board capable of decent multipliers, it might be worth it when overclocking, to be able to OC while keeping from affecting your other components, mainly ram.

I have to say, that is a really, really good deal though.

I say you save up for that new card and OC your 3700. Trust me on that... your cpu will be fine when playing games with your new card. Thats if you get a good card.

hmmmm......3700 be ok. (w/ a little oc)

the vid card I have my eyes on is the 7900gt (o) i think.

yeah i hate to say this but, GET CONROE, its dual core, its faster.
But thats an extremely great deal, i mean 200 dollars with a 250gb hdd. but i have never owned a FX proc. so i cant say if theyre fast or not.

For the apps I'm running and the majority of use my cpu get's, and since I'm not planning for an upgrade or move from 939, (funding), I like Jayvon's approach. Upgrade my vga card for now and oc my 3700 a bit.
Buying the dual core AND switching to intel, means a new mobo. I kmow my stuff is a bit dated, but it is barely broke in. I can't afford the dual core road yet.

thanks for taking care of the last thread

and i couldnt seem to find the fx-57 on newegg... but i hope the fx-55 is still this cheap in about 4 months when i build another computer or something.. because i would hate to pass up something that good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom