Future System, Buying Within Months

Status
Not open for further replies.
lancec2c30 said:
you are making a very unthoughtout and ill planned build. What are you going by for video cards? the ones with 300 reviews 5/5? lol.

You would be making a mistake buying that 1950xtx. if you want to wait till dx10 bugs are worked out get a 1950pro. instead. Or better yet, a 8800gts. O dang a nvidia card. I bet it is so bad because it outperforms the 1950xtx right?

You must not understand how dx10 works. you can play all your games in dx9 mode and it will be just like any dx9 card with better performance. YOu don't have to have vista to use a dx10 card......

Lol, I'm sorry, but I don't see the the need, nor probably ever will, to get the NVIDIA 8 series. I think I'll wait this one out, till ATI comes out with their DX10 cards. BTW, I believe the 1950XTX does beat out the 8800 GTS is some benchmarks at Tom's Hardware. Why not check it out?

I can recommened Creative X-Fi soundcard, ive got the Xtreme music version, makes my mp3's, games, movies sound much much clearer and it makes my sub alot more punchy.

Id also look at getting a full tower case rather than a mid tower, especially with your rig thats pretty high spec, its going to get really warm in a small case, and you will be forever adding fans, adding to the mass of wires, plus its nice to have breathing space in a case for later upgrades

i have looked at the benchmarks and the 8800gts beats the 1950xtx in almost all the benchmarks
think about it you have two cards that have the same price tag, which one do you buy???
the one that performs better dip ****
it doesnt matter if your going to use dx10 or not the gts can still run dx9 better then any dx9 card out there

and why must you go and look for the most expensive motherboard you could find???? a simple asus p5b will work perfectly for you and its only like 150 bucks

you really are just making things alot harder on yourself

g0 pwns everything out there right now get over ati fanboy

fade2black2004 said:
i have looked at the benchmarks and the 8800gts beats the 1950xtx in almost all the benchmarks
think about it you have two cards that have the same price tag, which one do you buy???
the one that performs better dip ****
it doesnt matter if your going to use dx10 or not the gts can still run dx9 better then any dx9 card out there

and why must you go and look for the most expensive motherboard you could find???? a simple asus p5b will work perfectly for you and its only like 150 bucks

you really are just making things alot harder on yourself

g0 pwns everything out there right now get over ati fanboy

Haha, maybe I'll take your spattered information with a grain of salt. People buy things for preference. It's what fits "them." Maybe I don't want ASUS, especially with all the cock-*** reviews. God, it sure was a mistake asking for help here. Meh, I could give two shits about anything you say. Seriously though, ATI fanboy? Okay, who are you going after next, the guy who bought an AMD chip? It's what the people want, so don't ***** at others for equipment they either don't want nor have any interest in. I've said it over and over that I don't want a **** 8000 card. And so what? **** dude, quit being so dense. Christ.

idk what your talking about but the asus p5b deluxe has got to be probably the best core 2 board with a p965 chipset

what the **** are you talking about an amd cpu for?

you need to learn how to research things before you open your mouth because you obviously dont know what your talking about

calm down.

thats right.

there we go. the GA DS3 is another great option, and dont get those horrible abit, DFI w/e boards you posted. just know your needs.

Well, I gave my best known advice. It should not always be preference in my opinion.

OKay, now this you should at least consider. If you want a ATI card get a 1950pro instead of a 1950xtx, then when R600 (ati dx10) comes out you can invest in it. It will save you a lot of money and be a still be a great dx9 card.

Lol, I'm sorry, but I don't see the the need, nor probably ever will, to get the NVIDIA 8 series. I think I'll wait this one out, till ATI comes out with their DX10 cards. BTW, I believe the 1950XTX does beat out the 8800 GTS is some benchmarks at Tom's Hardware. Why not check it out?

What I don't understand is that you said you don't see the need for a nVidia 8 series and probably never will, but you want to get an expensive ATI DX9 card and buy the R600 when it comes out. The R600 is basically, in a very broad sense, ATI's version of the G80. But wait, you just said that you would probably never see the need in getting a G80, which is a DX10 card just like the R600. Both are very fast, powerful cards so how can you see the need in buying one but not the other? That just doesn't seem like very good logic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom