Future Proofing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to use triple channel ram you have to buy an Intel Core i7 CPU and mainboard. AMD does not support triple channel, you picked 12GB of triple channel DDR3 RAM (6 sticks of RAM) and your motherboard only has 4 RAM slots.

If you want something more future proof I would recommend getting an Intel Core i7 build because it has triple channel DDR3 ram, and Core i7 is faster clock per clock compared to the AMD Phenom II chips. The only issue is that the Intel set up costs more then the AMD one.

nubblet - my max budget is 1500.

35g700 - thank you for pointing out such a small detail that i totally wouldn't have noticed :D

nubblet - my max budget is 1500.

35g700 - thank you for pointing out such a small detail that i totally wouldn't have noticed :D

Since you have $1500, Core i7 is probably the way to go. Unless you don't want to spend extremely close to $1500 and its just a round figure.

Your build seems fine, just change the CPU and board and its solid..

I'd get the MSI x58 and the Core i7 920 ($200 @ Microcenter)

I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. With a $1500 budget you should get the Asus X58 mobo.

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

this one is even better :D

Newegg.com - ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

^ yuck the P6T v2 is stupid.

if you want an all around good board then this is for you,

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom