future proof high end mobo ? suggest me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sankirsh

Solid State Member
i am planning to build a new system and for that i need ur precious advice.
i had shortlisted intel c2d e6420 processor as it overclock like ****.
but for motherboard i had four options, as i plan to make a high end machine with price performance ratio in mind.
out of these four two are intel 965 chipset based and two nvidia 650i sli based
1: asus p5n32-e sli plus
650i nvidia sli chipset
2: msi p6n sli platinum
650i nvidia sli chipset

3: asus p5b deluxe wifi-ap
965 intel chipset
4: msi p965 platinum
965 intel chipset
i am not able to make up my mind as to which mobo should i choose, can u help me in that regard? also if u have any of your preferred board than i would certainly welcome you to add that one in this list.

second question is that i had 2*1 gb 667 mhz kingston ram with me, my query is that if in future i wanna upgrade it and add some 800mhz ram with that, than two diff. speed rams will work over the same machine, or if not than should i exchange my 667 mhz ram to newer 800mhz ram for future in mind.

If you get DDR2-800 ram, and put it in with the DDR2-667, it will just downclock to 667 to match the speed of the slowest stick.

i cant wait for ddr3 mem ready boards, as i had busted my system big times and need to built it within next week or so. (p35 chipset will be release on 21 may, and god knows what will be the prices of the new chipset mobos and ddr3 memory is too expensive)

arn't any of the mobos that i had listed of any gud as none of u hadn't suggested anything regarding these mobos.
help me with this..........

Well out of those, I think the P5B-Deluxe has been known, to reach high FSB speeds. Like 500+..

hey b1gapl u urself is using ASUS P5N-E SLI 650i and i had listed more advance version of it asus p5n32-e sli plus 650i sli, arn't u satisfied with what u have......? or u r not recomending it for some other reason.

I am satisfied with it, but there are other boards out there better for the money. Like the MSI P6Ns. Or the Gigabyte 965P-DS3. The only one problem, that I had with my board is that the yellow memory slots are buggy. Other than that, it's fine. The difference between mine and the P5N32-e, is that it supports SLI x16. Mine supports SLI x8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom