Future Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I was thinking right at the end of the summer making a new computer system with about 2k and figured that I could put about $400 (is it enough?) into water cooling MAX and the rest into a AM2 or Conroe setup depending on which is better. I would also figure buying 4gb of ram and only using 2gb until Vista comes out because I signed up with Microsoft with a friend that says I get Vista the day it comes out or something. Does the build time and budget seem good. The computer would obviously be used for gaming and overclocking and would like to see some good framerates for games out now and oh when is the new ati and nvidia cards coming out (R600 and G80)?

R600: End of 2006. G80: We don't know; maybe late September or early October.

Signed up for Vista? Sounds like 1984 to me. :eek:

Gerry_W said:
R600: End of 2006. G80: We don't know; maybe late September or early October.

Signed up for Vista? Sounds like 1984 to me. :eek:

It was free to sign up so it means free Vista, my dads got some cool friends. And should I just wait till Christmas then or what.

You could wait till K8l, then see what intel is goin to do against that, then wait for that, then see what AMD is goin to do about intels anti-K8l......... and keep waiting.... new tech always comes out.... and fast...... so dont wait to long..... and remember, any modern CPU out (s939, AM2, most of s775) will run anything you throw at it ;)

IMO Get your rig at the end of summer, cept dont dish out $300+ for a video card, grab a nice 6600GT or X1600XT or maybe a X1800GTO, just something cheap that'll play games, then when the new cards come out, grab one of those.

Also, if you get conroe and an i975x chipset mobo, i guess ATI is givin out $60 rebates on their X1900 Mastercards so it'd be a good chance for cross-fire. Their also suppose to lower prices on the 1900 mastercards too ;). Now that i got my new OCZ GameXstream 600W PSU and should be gettin my X1900XT tomorrow, i think i might go CF with a RD600 mobo in august or so(AM2 or conroe, havent decided, i wanna see if AMD has anything up their sleeve with AM2)...... plz no flaming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom