Full tower or Mid tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

900RR

In Runtime
I'm trying to decide on a case and can't decide between getting a mid like the antec 900, or a full tower like the coolermaster Stacker 830... what are the pros and cons of each?
I have plenty of area so I'm not worried about desk space. I want a lot of cooling so I can OC. I'm not sure how many 5.25" bays I'll need. Maybe DVD-RW, DVD-ROM, multi-card reader, and possibly some sort of temperature display / fan control? What do most people use to keep track of their temperatures without going to bios? I'm kinda new to performance computers but I'd like to setup something like that.

For cooling reasons I prefer full towers, for size reasons I like mid towers. The Antec 900 is an awesome case and I've always liked cooler masters, overall if you can I'd go with the full tower and IMO for most enthusiast systems full tower is the way to go.

what do you guys think of a control like this?
aerocool-gatewatch-silver.jpg

Newegg.com - AeroCool GateWatch-SV Silver GateWatch with LCD display - Retail

i'm getting a tuniq tower cpu cooler with 120mm fan and I'd like to be able to monitor the cpu temp and adjust the coolers fan speed accoridnglt. And also control the case fans speeds.
It says it can control 4 fans, but the CM stacker has 4 case fans in the side cover alone... could I put all 4 of those fans on 1 channel? and control them together?
It takes up 2 x 5.25" bays, which pushes me towards full case..

Here is the gatewatch 2... looks like you can monitor cpu, gpu, hdd and case temperature (or fan speed? or both?) all at the same tim ewith this one.
aerocool_gatewatch2s.jpg
anyone using something like this?

go full tower, im preaty sure you can get adapters to run multiple fans on one conection, but the fans will all run same speed, that is the one connected thru the adapter.

i would only go full tower if you are planning on some form of extreme cooling or have alot of hard drives, or dual GPUs. I personally only use full towers on my main rig, i just like the extra space.

I'm going to get a full tower. Was planning on the Coolermaster Stacker, but now I can't decide between it and the Thermaltake Armor Series VA800...

CoolerMaster
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN3-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail
Thermaltake
Newegg.com - Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

I like the 4 120mm side fans of the 830, but the Thermaltake has more drive bays, more reviews and better ratings. They are the same price after rebate.... gah! decisions decisions..

Yeah the full tower is the way to go a lot more space and a lot more breathing room for everything. I think the cooler master is nice but your right the thermaltake sounds a little bit better I think I would go with that.

I think the Thermaltake is ugly as h3ll plus with that intake fan in front your not going to be able to use 3 bays. Thermaltake will have 1 more open bay with the fan installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom