Full R600 Benchmarks and results...

Status
Not open for further replies.
dang i was hoping to see at least a 25% increase in performance over the 8800. so i could also see the 8800 prices fall like stones from a hot air balloon. cos then it would be good enough/cheap enough for me to actually consider buying.

I am tired of videocard and CPU wars. Each of the cards, ladies and gentlemen, as I see it, will play any game you throw at it on MAX settings, perhaps give or take a couple FPS here and there. Big deal. I have worked with both nVidia and ATI cards, and I can tell you that they both do their jobs well, and you will be satisfied with either an 8800GTX or an R600 when it eventually arrives. Personally, I do not see the point of getting hyped for a possible 2-5fps leap when you are already gaming with crystal clear video.

People were getting hyped up about it because it should be better than the R600 by a marginal amount.

im hyped up cos i want them to be cheaper.
i was reading an old archived article that was talking about 7600 cards costing like 500.00
holy crap.
i mean, like 200-250 is about all a top of the line card should cost. but then again, gas shouldn't cost 2.50 a gallon in texas, either. hmmmm....
i smell a conspiracy, lol.

I have no video card preference, personally. I just think ATI should have a faster card out since it is coming out some months after Nvidia's.

I had an X850 XT for about three years and now I am using the 8800 GTS cause it has great performance / price over the X1950XTX and all that jazz.

But seriously, if these benchmarks are similar to what actual results will be, AMD / ATI gonna have a hard time charging much more than the 8800 GTX price tag, and AMD's loss of revenue to purchase ATI doesn't need that.

I hope it is a bit better so competition stays healthy. That's what is good about the card wars and why they are so controversial.

The beta cards of the R600 are using GDDR3, not GDDR4.

http://theinq.com/default.aspx?article=37247 (see last paragraph)

So therefor they are not going to be the same specs as the final thing. Pre-release benchmarks are always iffy, and of course drivers aren't tweaked as it will on launch.

Also, the FPS for a game might be pushed to it's limit because the rest of the system can only run a game so fast and the GPU might not be fully utilized.

Dante_Caligari said:
I am tired of videocard and CPU wars. Each of the cards, ladies and gentlemen, as I see it, will play any game you throw at it on MAX settings, perhaps give or take a couple FPS here and there. Big deal. I have worked with both nVidia and ATI cards, and I can tell you that they both do their jobs well, and you will be satisfied with either an 8800GTX or an R600 when it eventually arrives. Personally, I do not see the point of getting hyped for a possible 2-5fps leap when you are already gaming with crystal clear video.

Well like I said in another post, your failing to miss the point, its not about running games at max settings now, its about running more powerful games a year from now and the lifespans and abilities of the cards. Not to mention theres much more of a fps differance then just 2-5 in all these various cards, and people want to make the best decision to get the best performance/price card. So yes, it is a very big deal indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom