fudzilla phenom - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 12-12-2007, 12:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Send a message via MSN to Wildside
Default Re: fudzilla phenom

Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
no dude they are talking about engineering samples.
they wont go mainstream until about march.
the important thing is that there should be plenty of in-depth reviews for the TLB bug-free chips by then to really be able to see their performance.
9700 and 9900 will definitely be B3, as will the 9550 and 9650.
as u can see i did n edit realizing that these r samples. What is ur plan on Phenom? U plan to get one?

--Windows 8.1 64-bit Pro
--AMD FX-8150 w/ MX-4 and Corsair Hydro 100i Liquid Cooler
--G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1600 SDRAM
--EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+ 2GB GDDR5
--ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX Motherboard
--WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" HDD
--SAMSUNG 840 EVO MZ-7TE250BW 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gb/s SSD
--Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
--Corsair Professional Series 860-Watt AX860
Old 12-12-2007, 12:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
Default Re: fudzilla phenom

sorry, i was posting when you edited...
yeah, im pretty sure (almost positive) i will.
i dont really need it at the moment...
when they come out in march or so i will probably be in the market for another 8800GT and THEN i will be ready for a Phenom.
they should have the low-clock chips in volume by then. in any event, i'll get a 9550 and overclock it like i do everything else . cheapest chip/lowest power draw...and unlike the current X2's...as far as i know they will be EXACTLY the same, but with lower stock clock. cant go wrong with a cheap *** chip that can do 3+ just like its big brothers...my 3600 proves that daily.
they will probably be pretty cheap by then..i think yorkfield is gonna put a hurtin on them, and that is good for people like me who buy AMD cos we want to..it gives us low prices lol.
as far as mobos go, i aint buyin a 7** chipset till they make an SLI. i like Nvidia cards/drivers/interface/AA & AF performance MUCH better than ATi. therefore, i have no use for a crossfire mobo if i plan to buy another Nvidia card.
of course, ATi could astound me and totally fix all those things (just for me haha) by the time im ready, but i doubt it.

"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Closed Thread