fudzilla phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect their honesty, unlike Intel who are selfish S.O.B's who have the most extreme market tactics...

but will this still reduce performance?

the Fix, because the BIOS fix for the boards does drop performance some, I'm wondering if this does too, or does this keep it the same..

i do not believe it will. of course, the only thing really that we care about is that it will supposedly allow higher overclocks. and that it is totally stable, as much as that is possible...with any cpu.
if i understand correctly, they will have the same performance as the current quads, just without the bug.
and they will be releasing the high clock chips.
of course, if the 9900 cant perform at the same level or higher as a q6600...meh the price will be too high. it will be too high i can already say, because the 9600 costs as much as the q6600. if the 9500 can break 3ghz and compete with a q6600, thats what i care about. and i'll REALLY care about it when 9500 hits about 175 bucks.

wtf is this crap? This cant be right!! B3 stepping wont happen until around March!!

if this is true, then again, how will we tell if the 9700 is B3 stepping or not?

i dont want to wait next week, purchase the 9700 off newegg without knowing it's the bugged one n not the B3 stepping.

im so ****ing confused it's driving me CRAZY!!!!!!

EDIT:

dang it! i read it wrong! It is still coming out Q1 2008, just only the samples r coming out next week. Sry, im embarrassed ^_^.

no dude they are talking about engineering samples.
they wont go mainstream until about march.
the important thing is that there should be plenty of in-depth reviews for the TLB bug-free chips by then to really be able to see their performance.
9700 and 9900 will definitely be B3, as will the 9550 and 9650.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom