frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

KryptoKnight

In Runtime
hey guys,

I was going to get an opteron 165(although it was a bit over my budget) but then I saw the Opteron 170. First off, is it really as good as people say it is? Second, can you help me cut something from my build if It is that good? Thanks!

DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

XION Black XION II XON-103 SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 450W Power Supply - Retail

LG Black E-IDE / ATAPI DVD Burner 5X DVD-RAM Write Model GSA-4167B BK - OEM

Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound - OEM

ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Blue LED Light Cooling Fan with Heatsink - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 SATA NCQ 3Gb/s ST3160812AS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ - Retail

ViewSonic VA902b Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor - Retail

Logitech G5 Laser 931376-0403 2-Tone 6 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Laser Mouse - Retail

Microsoft Windows XP Home With SP2 - OEM

The Sims 2 PC Game EA - Retail

Battlefield 2 PC Game EA - Retail

Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail

AMD Opteron 165 Denmark 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model OSA165DAA6CD - OEM

eVGA 256-P2-N516 Geforce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Looks good hope you enjoy it

now you shold defintely get the opty. you can get rid of teh windows xp home, i mean dont you have any other cd's from past computesr. dell cd's would work :O. Even though im not sure if you bought a dell but who knows.

You can cut a lot of things out, getting a cheaper case, cheaper psu, 1GB of ram, not getting a DFI Mobo, smaller hdd. But i dont think you really want those do you

IF i were you i would probably not buy windows xp home, borrow a friends :), get some cheaper case maybe, as a last resort you can get a 6800GS :confused:

Go down to a 6800gs.

And dont be frusterated because you can't afford an opteron 170, do you know exactly *how* fortunate you are to be able to afford such a machine? No you dont.

**** ya! i use XP P.E. (Pirate Edition!) Bill Gates doesn't need your pennies... and dont go down to a 6800GS!!! 7800GTs are soooo much better for the small price diff.

Use a CD that came with your other computers, or borrow a friends. BUt how are you going to get by the activation ? i have to reformat my hdd after every 30 days :( but you can always download coroprate editiion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom