Frustraded!!! Need advice (no, not on a new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

plumber4578

In Runtime
I purchased a TV tuner. I know it supports Vista 64. When I install the card; Windows will now boot; not even into safe mode (that one threw me for a loop).
I RMA'd the card. Just got my new one. SAME THING!!! I called tech support up and they suggested reinstalling windows. I didn't like that suggestion. I have no other problems. Maybe it's my boards PCI slots (tried all of them)? Should I try putting in another PCI expansion card of some sorts and see if windows boots?? One thing I noted; when I went to take the card out (in there for 10-15 minutes) it seemed rather hot. The things does sit under my 8800 GTX (2 slots down).

Its pci-e x1 i take it? And the computer does boot without the card? Can't hurt to try it in a different slot. What happens when you say it fails to boot, does it BSOD on you or fail to even POST?

It's not the PCI express slot. It's a PCI slot. Tried other slots; same thing. I can get into my bios. I get the screen saying enter in safe mode or start windows normally. When i select start windows normally it freezes right when at the bottom it says "windows" (first thing you see when vista boots).

It's not the PCI express slot. It's a PCI slot. Tried other slots; same thing. I can get into my bios. I get the screen saying enter in safe mode or start windows normally. When i select start windows normally it freezes right when at the bottom it says "windows" (first thing you see when vista boots).

call tech support and say you reinstalled vista and that it still doesn't work, see what they say then

You know tech support; it's always the other guy. It's windows, it's your mobo, it's other hardware conflicting, it's the oxygen it the air but it's not us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom