Front Panel connector new build

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I am doing a new build Desktop and there is a Front Panel connector that I am not sure what it is for , at the moment I can not get the front panel off the case to see were it goes on the panel ( there is a couple of push out tabs that I just can not move at the moment and I do not want to break any of the plasting push ins ) .

The coneector has a 20 pin female connector on it , but there is no 20 pin on my board ! .

Also my Case Fan has a 4 pin molex attached to it ( only 2 pins are in it ) would I just get a Molex to sata connector to connect Fan to the PSU .

also there is a10 pin HD Audio connector , but again there is not one on the Board .

cheers
spike

Hi

I am doing a new build Desktop and there is a Front Panel connector that I am not sure what it is for , at the moment I can not get the front panel off the case to see were it goes on the panel ( there is a couple of push out tabs that I just can not move at the moment and I do not want to break any of the plasting push ins ) .
The front panel connections go to your HDD light / power button / power light / reset buttons.

The coneector has a 20 pin female connector on it , but there is no 20 pin on my board ! .
Post the model of your board and your case, please. That way we know what we're working with.

Also my Case Fan has a 4 pin molex attached to it ( only 2 pins are in it ) would I just get a Molex to sata connector to connect Fan to the PSU .
If your PSU doesn't have any molex connectors, then yes you'll have to get an adapter. Either SATA->Molex, or a 2 or 3-pin -> molex.

also there is a10 pin HD Audio connector , but again there is not one on the Board .

cheers
spike

There should be audio pins on your board somewhere. We'll need your board model # to help more.

The front panel connections go to your HDD light / power button / power light / reset buttons.

Post the model of your board and your case, please. That way we know what we're working with.

If your PSU doesn't have any molex connectors, then yes you'll have to get an adapter. Either SATA->Molex, or a 2 or 3-pin -> molex.

There should be audio pins on your board somewhere. We'll need your board model # to help more.

Hi

Sorry , yes I should of posted the board specs , it is a GIGABYTE : GA-EQ45M-S2 .
and the case is a : AvP Storm-P27 Black Midi Tower Gaming Case - USB 3.0
cheers

spike

Last edited:
The "20 pin" is the F_Panel pins in the bottom-right corner of the motherboard. Even though there isn't 20 pins - the spacing of the pins matches up to 20 pins.

The "20 pin" is the F_Panel pins in the bottom-right corner of the motherboard. Even though there isn't 20 pins - the spacing of the pins matches up to 20 pins.

Hi

Thanks for your reply , the 20 pin will not fit into the F Panel , I have allready wired up the F Panel connections , atchached is a pick of the 20 Pin Plug .

cheers

spike

Attachments

• DSCF0297  for Forum.jpg
    DSCF0297 for Forum.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi again

I was just thinking , I have not purchased a Video card as yet , could it plug into that ! .

cheers

spike

Hi

Thanks for your reply , the 20 pin will not fit into the F Panel , I have allready wired up the F Panel connections , atchached is a pick of the 20 Pin Plug .

cheers

spike

That's the USB 3.0 plug for the front panel. You're looking for a blue header on the board. However that is an old mother board. The black header is USB 2.0 or maybe 1.1. If that's the case then just coil the wire up out of the way.

Check out this pic I took this morning.

attachment.php

Last edited:
That's the USB 3.0 plug for the front panel. You're looking for a blue header on the board.

Check out this pic I took this morning. Take a picture of the entire mother board and let's have a look.

attachment.php

here you go .

Attachments

• DSCF0294.jpg
    DSCF0294.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom