Friend needs a video card for his HP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaskTool

In Runtime
Coming here to ask for some advice, as a friend needs a graphics card for his HP Pavilion a6745f.

It has an AMD Athlon X2 5050e / 2.6 GHz Dual Core CPU, and 4gb of DDR2 800MHZ ram.

And he can barely play some modern games like left 4 dead, but is looking for a graphics card upgrade that will be best suited for his computer.

His power supply currently is not powerful enough to run most graphics cards, but he will get a power supply based on the requirement of a card you guys suggest.

His budget is 500 dollars, and I have already asked him to consider building a new computer, but he does not have the time. He even talked about buying a gtx 295 and putting it on his computer, but that is why I am asking you guys what you recommend for his setup.

Thanks.

Newegg.com

1. XFX HD-577A-ZNFC: $179.99

2. OCZ Technology OCZ700MXSP: $89.99

Combo Discount: -$20.00
Combo Price: $249.98
$20.00 Mail-In Rebate Card pdf
Price After Mail-In Rebate(s): $229.98

it's no where near the $500 budget limit
but I figure by the time he wants to upgrade CPU there would be better cards out there :)

Taken from youtube, that's his computer. His motherboard is really wacky, but you can clearly see the pci express slot. Does it look as if the 4890 would be able to fit in there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom