Friend Got his Parts Need help

ok he got everything hooked upand when he starts up the pc the gets a white cursor up to then a number 99 on the bottom and nothing else.

Well...

System specs would be nice... More detailed explanation of when he gets a cursor.... Such as, what part of the boot phase...

Made a thread in a more appropriate place I think. The hardware section. Was in a rush looking for things forgot alot. He is RMA'ing it but. It was before BIOS even showed up and...
CPU:
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-3330 Ivy Bridge 3.0GHz (3.2GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637i53330

Motherboard:
Newegg.com - MSI H61M-P31 (G3) LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

RAM:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 Desktop Memory Model CMV8GX3M2A1600C11

PSU:
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

Video Card:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N560UD-1G GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

, we tried loading it w.o mouse kb 1 slot of ram 1 in each different dimm, no hdd, diff hdd, no dvd rom w/ dvd rom no ram etc no video card nothing always got hung up on 99, from what i'vev read in the beginning on first book the mobo is going through a stage and 99 is the last one and it got hung up on 99 and just wouldnt pass it for the life of it so, hes rma'ing it and just ordered a new board, i read once he took it all apart that (MAYBE) the mobo needed an bios update in order to support the ivy bridge but even if this were the case there would be no way to update the bios without it even turning on period or reaching regular bios screen.

Even though he is rma'ing it still curious as to what could of caused this if it (wasn't) a faulty board.

Last edited:
I see a 99 on my bio's as well, look in the manual it will tell you, its just a code reference for POST, look it up, clearly its not passing that part of the POST, unhook everything except, the board, cpu&heatsink) and the 4/8 pin mobo connector and 20/24 pin mobo connector, see if it passes that part, or you get a different number instead of 99. Unhook all ram and hdd's and gfx cards etc etc, unless there is no integrated gfx, also a mobo speaker would help too,, to see what error codes are being thrown, since I'm assuming you haven't even installed windows yet and are just stock on a bios POST screen. Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom