a friend with a budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
cs source?? or regular cs... cuz if its regular cs... that'll manhandle it.... if my old 700 mhz celeron, and 6 mb onboard graphics could do it.. i'm sure that could

if you shove in a video card it should... even a video card with 256 mb ram... like a lil cheapy ati, it should more than manhadle css,, well without the hdr and AA and all that, but ya, just get a cheapy video card with that and css should run like a breeze... my ol compaq with 256 shared video memory manhandle it

oh and didnt answer the rebate part, tigerdirect is a very trustworthy place, i've shopped there a couple times and was very satisfied, never tried a rebate, but i've heard many people have gotten their money from it....

and another thing i didnt see it was only 256 mb ram... if you wanna shove in another 256 it should do well... i don't think 256 will take you very far with games.. i think thats css minimum for ram, so you might wanna consider throwin in another 30 dollars for more ram

yeah its just for a friend and i told him to add another 256mb.

Y do stores have rebates instead of just taking that money off? its just putting more stress on the customer getting that rebate in and if there getting there money back or not. like radio shack you don't get money back with rebates.

I spent about $2,000 on 3 very nice gaming pcs except the one fried so i am down to 2.

They don't just give instant rebates because they want to rip us off. They count on people who fill the rebate out wrong or forget to do it.

He's gonna need a power supply though, I had that same case before i got my Aspire X-Plorer, and the power supply that comes with that case in the combo your friend is buying WILL burn out in a matter of weeks and in my personal opinion No, that will not hanlde Counter Strike: Source well enough at all no matter how good of a video card you put in it, That computer will run CS:S like a granny in high heels would run a 100 Meter dash. If i were him I'd at least get this one and buy the ram and video card seperatley, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1960910&CatId=332 or get this one if he can afford it, http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1961069&CatId=0, well good luck to you and yor friend. The power supply that comes with the second seems to have no porblems with it as it has all good reviews.

P.S. Yes you can trust the rebates on Tigerdirect, you have to fill them out and send them in to their respected providers, I have gotten every rebate that I have sent in, theres a limit of 5 rebates per year for a household though. Also the reason they do not give instant rebates or "money off" is because the rebates are given by the companies that make the product not the retailer and they require you send in all the difficult forms and such so they have near absolute proof that you paid for the said product and didn't just "find" it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom