Not open for further replies.

Spi1lz

Baseband Member
Just put my comp together, it consists of:

NEC 16X DVD±R DVD Burner Black IDE/ATAPI Model ND-3550A - OEM

ASPIRE X-CRUISE -BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

Acer ET.L5209.005 Black 19" 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail

ASUS A8R-MVP Socket 939 ATI Radeon XPRESS 200 CrossFire ATX AMD CrossFire Motherboard - Retail

SAPPHIRE 100149SR Radeon X1900XT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

Rosewill RP550-2 ATX 2.01 550W Power Supply - Retail

Sunbeam Multimedia Green Illuminated EL-KB-09-BKGN Black PS/2 Keyboard - Retail

Sunbeam FireLine Optical Mouse MS-2011-BK-BL Black 3 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Optical Mouse w/Blue Light - Retail

G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 500 (PC 4000) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 1GHz HT Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA4200BVBOX - Retail

OK... I connected everything to my ability. Fired it up, eveything turns on. PSU, Video Card fan, Heatsink fan, HD, etc...

But I am getting no signal to the Monitor.

The video card fan is running, and there is a red light lit up next to the 6 pin connector. But there is also a little 3 pin connector on it, do I need to plug something into that too?

Monitor is just sitting there on, not responding once so ever...

I have the adapters on the outputs of the video card that enable a regular monitor to connect, theres 2 outputs.

What is my problem?

EDIT: I have 2 drives hooked up as well (CD and DVD burner/rom), one has it's light lit up green, the other not. They both do not open. What would keep them from opening?

I just unplugged the ribon from the 2 drives... Now they both open... When the ribbon is plugged in they don't open? Wack?

jumpers?

Heh... I don't know much... Explain a little bit...

Are they for the drives? or for the Vid?

sory i have a short attention span and i missed the video issue in your first post. jumpers may have to do with the optical drives. if you have a look at the back of them you will see pins with a small plastic cap on them. above them will be markings for Cable Select (CS) Master (MA and Slave (SL). make sure one is set to master and the other slave. it doesn't really matter which is which as long as they are seperate although i would make the burner the master.

Alright, I will go try that out...

But what do you think the problem is with the Vid card?

I just checked the jumpers, I had one set as MA and one SL...???

Edit: They are both burners, could that be a problem? They can also read, so ya...

I just switched them, so the other is MA, and the other is SL... Still not opening...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom