Found a reason to be impatient

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kraut

In Runtime
Tonight i finally got around to orderdering everything in my sig. I checked to make sure everything was in stock and it was so i went ahead. I first ordered from monarch and then when i tried to submit my order for newegg when it says that something is out of stock. It turns out that the xion II case i was going to buy went out of stock within the 30 minutes since i checked it. This pissed me off since it was only $35. I ended up buying the silver version which looks pretty good too. I should have everything by this weekend and then i shall build it. I will post back with some pictures and specs later. This should be fun. :D

Ahh wait till you find that something is taking more than another thing to ship, then you have almost everything except one thing, then the impatience gets worst :)

i hope everything comes DOA when it arrives at your house :p

im getting my G.skill today WOOT

jk ;)

RockyZ said:
Ahh wait till you find that something is taking more than another thing to ship, then you have almost everything except one thing, then the impatience gets worst :)

Oh yeah, that's what really gets you. On the last computer I bought, I carefully timed everything so that I'd get it all before a big lan party a friend was throwing, and I got everything... but the video card, which got delayed for forever and a half and came in the day after.

Still, even with just the ram and processor upgrades, UT (the original) looked a hell of a lot better than it did before.

Psh. Real impatience comes from having to order your rig piece by piece as you manage to save up the money for each individual part :p

Camden said:
Psh. Real impatience comes from having to order your rig piece by piece as you manage to save up the money for each individual part :p

Haha, oh yeah, that's what i had/have to do. I'm up and running but i have weak RAM and an old 7200 RPM IDE harddrive. Soon... sooon.... :)

Don't make the same mistake a lot of people make.

"When you finally get all the parts and start to build, take your time."
"Don't just slap everything together and make a birds nest of wires inside the case." "Nice and slow and think wire management".

Hint:
Lay motherboard on antistatic foam.
Install CPU on Motherboard w/HS&fan.
Install (1) Memory module
Install videocard + connect to monitor
Hook up PSU to power the board and videocard if needed.
Turn on PSU. "either short the power switch jumper or hook up the power switch wire from the case to the jumper.

Make sure MOBO will boot to BIOS.
If no problems... You're good to continue building and install everything into the case.

Ive been reading everything i can since i decieded to build my own, so i think ive allite more prepared. My friends just tried to build their own and i dont think they ever read anything about building. They just plugged in everything first and turned on the power and hoped to god that it worked. Believe me, i am NOT going to rush throught this, i dont want to destroy anything considering i spent alot of money (for me) on it. :D

Well i finally received a present in the mail today http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811208006. Actually looks much better in person and it seems to be fairly well built, good enough for me.

I see what you mean by some parts shipping longer. The case came from cali and the as5 was shipped from New Jersey on tuesday moring. Still havent gotton the as4 and the rest was shipped last night from cali. I am very pleased with neweggs shipping sofar.

lol yeah :D but for some reason they decided to shipping everything for me, all of my hardware parts shipped from cali and my case shipped from TN. and they all got here at the same time :freak: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom