Flippin thing keeps dying on me... Help! (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just removed the 4 pin lead and the whole thing started and carried on going. there was no signal to the monitor but all the fans were working and it stayed on

edit: i tried changing the gfx card over to gain a signal from the monitor but got nothing. also, i don't think it can be healthy to keep the 4 pin connector unplugged can it?

i've also read a lot of advice about trying the RAM in different slots but that hasn't helped either. I turn it on (with the 4 pin power cable unplugged) all the fans start and the HDD, all the lights are on on the front but still nothing on the monitor. And I don't think it makes a beep either...

the trouble is, when i put it back in, the fans stop working and the computer keeps turning off and on again. and theres definitely power going to the gfx card because the fan is spinning.

uhhmm check the ram, i had a similar problem where i couldnt install an os because of the ram, it kept restarting. The only other thing i can think of is that you have installed the mobo properly, so some parts of the mobo are touching the case.

i think you should take it to an engineer to prevent any extensive damage, and i dont think taking the 4pin plug out is health lol

the fan on the car will spin as you have power connectors conected to the card to power it what needs the power from the 4 pins is the pci-e slot try changin
PSU's if you can as it may be shorting otu once the pci-e conector is in after a few seconds of use and is shuting down to prevent a fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom