Flippin thing keeps dying on me... Help! (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
I'm back again, after my embarrasment of not finding the cable adaptors.
Slightly worse problem this time though, and i've checked and double checked everything this time. No flamin adaptors anywhere that i've missed I can assure you :p

So anyway, on with the problem. Everything's connected, gfx card and it's power lead, HDD and it's 2 leads, floppy drive and it's 2 leads (yes, i still use floppy disks now and again), all the connectors to the motherboard etc etc.

I turn it on, it powers up. For all of 3 seconds. It stops. It then tries to start itself again AND!!!! gone again. dammit...

What the h*ll is going on?

I've reconnected everything to a diferent psu but the same thing happens, i've changed the gfx card and even romoved it altogether but the same thing happens. I've left the HDD out but it still happens. Even tried a different HDD but nope, still dies. Checked the RAM, seems fine... Checked everything I can think of. Even faffed about with the front panel connectors. no matter what i do, it just doesn't want to stay on.

If there's anything anyone can think of, please say. I'm going completely insane at the moment.

firstly did u give ur system time for the thermal paste on ur cpu to set (say about an hour) then try again, if not check ur mobo connections, if thats good too RMA ur mobo i guess....

i've just read an article that says : "Some BIOS check that the CPU fan is rotating, and if it is not (or if there is something wrong with your fans rev counter) then it will switch off the power supply after 2 seconds. The solution is to change the CPU fan with a new 3 lead fan. Of course you can disable this feature in BIOS, but you can't get to the BIOS setup if the computer turns off after 2 seconds."

This would make sense because only the case fan plugged into the PWR FAN socket actually spins (so does the PSU fan). The other fans: rear case fan in SYS FAN socket, GFX card fan and the CPU fan plugged into the CPU FAN socket just twitch a little.

return a product and ask for a replacement, but before u do it, wait for smarter ppl, but also pull out the CMOS Battery (aka pull out that shiny round silver battery)

RMA means that u send it back to the vendor and get a replacement. but u might wanna wait till tomorrow, and see what other people suggest u should do or if they can figure out ur problem. then if it is the mobo, then u can rma.
good luck

i'll try the battery thing. cant see how there's a proper way to take out a battery tbh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom