Not open for further replies.

RChris173

Beta member
I have a custom built computer with:

Mainboard model: Aopen AX4SPE-UN
Intel P4 2.8 Ghz processor (not HT)
512 MB DDR PC 3200 RAM
ATI RADEON 9600 SE 128 MB RAM

There is no PCI xpress slot on my mainboard. The game runs not as I expected.

I am looking into improving my machine without having to replace a lot of parts. I know that if I want a better graphics card, PCIxpress is the way to go, but then I need to get a new mainboard, then a new processor, and possibly even new memory all together.

Would buying new RAM improve speed?

I am looking into getting new RAM as what I have is minimal.

Currently the configuration is 2 x 256MB Dual channel. There are 4 slots with 2 open. Can I get 2 more 256 MB RAM form a different brand or get different kinds of memory modules and add it how I want?

Thanks,

Chris

Ya you just wasted 60 bucks on flight sim X. If you can, return it and get flight sim 2004.

To get flight sim x to work you must do the following in the correct order.

1) unplug all wires from computer at the same time using your fist and "anger"strength.
2) carry the pc out of the house at a high speed and shotput it into the front lawn.
3) remove the 12ga shotgun from the safe and insert 3 shells into it (making sure they are the correct caliber)
4) take the shotgun and get a good position on the porch to aim at the computer.
5) rapidly fire the 3 shots into the computer.

ENJOY :D

Yeah, even an 8800gtx can struggle with that game on max everything (with 2GB ram and a nice fast cpu). If you want to play more current games, you'll need to make that a back-up pc and shell out some money for a new rig. Pay to play my friend.

Well the game was given to me from a friend so I didn't loose any $$ in that way, but I already own FS04.

How much money do you think I would need to spend to get a decent long lasting PC and what specs.

around $1k will give you a good quality, pretty good *** core 2 duo performance busting PC. That's my goal here soon. I have 5 towers already, all too old, gahhhhh!

I am also very interested in FSX, and I can tell you that many other people are in the same boat as you. The minimum requirements defined by m$oft for FSX are a joke. I am currently building a new home system for my business, which I also use for gaming, and these are the specs I am looking at. I expect them to run FSX on medium to high settings, if I'm lucky.

Intel® Core™ 2 Extreme X6800 2.93GHz
Windows Vista
NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
2GB DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 800MHz
2 x 250GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM on RAID 0
18x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Drive
768MB NVIDIA® GeForce™ 8800 GTX

If you want to discuss this with other people who are playing the game with a variety of PC configurations, I suggest checking out http://flyawaysimulation.com.

Dex.Terity said:
Yeah, even an 8800gtx can struggle with that game on max everything (with 2GB ram and a nice fast cpu). If you want to play more current games, you'll need to make that a back-up pc and shell out some money for a new rig. Pay to play my friend.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but the GPU is only one aspect. FSX was designed to run on Vista, and more importantly, with Directx10, so it would be key to wait and see how FSX performs once Vista is released.

And I know what you mean by "pay to play", as I am about to drop $4000 on a new system, but I feel I deserve it because my current system is 6 years old, which is like 60 years given how fast things move in the PC world today :)

SAFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom