First time LCD buyer could use some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about the 17 inchers not performing as well, thats total bull. Id make the opposite argument in fact since 19 inchers arn't nearly as sharp as 17 inchers. Either are good, but I don't like having a huge screen, and prefer a smaller, sharper one. Don't be fanatical about the ms response time, I doubt you'd notice any difference between a 8 ms one, 4 or 2, maybe not even a 12. Get a good contrast ration though.

Well i'm not focusing just on latency, but things like spatial uniformity, delta tracking, contrast stability, dynamics, overdrive, video noise, viewing angle etc as well..

Anyway most 17" LCDs i've come across use the old style TN panels which fall significantly behind the benchmarks of MVA or (S)IPS panels.

Infact i'm not aware of any 17" panels that use overdrive, if anyone knows any i'd be interested.

Out of the two Dell monitors he suggested, I'd say the first Dell 20.1" one.

But speaking generally, you can get a 17" with the same performance as the 20.1" for half as much. Is 3" really that worth it? Not to me at least.

Well I want a big monitor I dont know what the main difference between a widscreen monitor and regular one other than for watching widscreen movies. But there are like a ton of people on another forum that I go to that have dell monitors. So they must be good.

Good Point PK, but Dell monitors tend to be a **** lot better then their computers ;)

Viewsonic, LG and Acer are good companies too though.

Do you know what panel the VX922 uses?

I not so sure that the response time is in reality as good as the advertised 2ms would have you believe. The vx924 for example may have a gtg time of 4ms but its higest latency is like over 30ms, where as the VP930 doesnt step above 15ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom