First time gaming setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mourek

Beta member
Hello guys, PC Builder level noobie here.

I was sick out of all these overpriced prebuilt PC setups so I've tried to virtually "build" my own...

I'd like to run BF3 on ultra with atleast 4x AA with 40-50 fps min. on it. Here it is, remember I've never built a PC before myself. Do not mind the links, they lead to the site that I will buy em at and that's a czech site.

Mobo: MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) - Intel Z68 This was a rough pick, I dunno what mobos are better and stuff, I just picked this one because it supports SLI and the i family processors

GPU(s): I was in doubt at this point, some people say that one GTX 580 performs better than two GTX 560 Ti's and some do not, I went for the Ti's since they were cheaper overall

MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB, PCI-E
MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB, PCI-E .

http://www.czc.cz/intel-core-i7-2700k/100182/produkt
CPU: Intel Core i7 2700K The 2600k would do right

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Red 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1866

SoundCard: Creative Labs X-Fi mX Xtreme Audio, OEM

Case: CoolerMaster HAF-922 (RC-922M-KKN1-GP)

Powersource: CoolerMaster GX Series 750W

HDD: WD Caviar Green RS - 1TB

CPU Cooling: Scythe SCYS-1000 Yasya Yes I am planning to OC the i7 atleast on 4.0 ghz

anyways thanks for any answers, I'm open to all ideas, keep in mind tho that the all the stuff together must not cost more than 1.6k dollars ( 30k Czech Kronen )
I hope I didnt miss a part or two lol

You've prettymuch got it covered parts wise, everything seems to be in order, if you boost up the cooling a bit more you could easily get a solid 4.5 out of your i7. Max out the case fans too, try and get the quietest ones possible so it'll stay silent whilst optimising airflow.

Its a good build but I would change a few things.

Firstly if your primarily gaming then an i5 2500k will work well, the i7 isnt really needed. You can use the extra money for something else.
Secondly i would change the hard drive to a western digital black (better performance)
Lastly, do you have a copy of windows and a spare DVD drive?

The specs in my signature run battlefield on ultra so you will have no problem with that build.

+1 on getting a 2500K instead of a 2600/2700K, you will see no benefit in gaming.
+1 on a dvd/cd drive and a copy of windows.

Some other things I would change (links to czc.cz):

PSU: OCZ ZT 750, its cheaper than the CoolerMaster, better quality, and modular (removable cables).

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12, you do not want a 5400RPM hard drive as your primary drive, it is way too slow.

RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance low-profile, the tall fins on the ones you chose could interfere with the CPU cooler, also not much improvement between 1866 and 1600MHz.

Motherboard: MSI P67A-G45 (B3) supports faster SLi than the one you chose. Or if you wanted a Z68 Gen3 board Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3.

GPU: The problem with getting 2 GPUs is when you want to upgrade you have to replace both of them, plus they produce more heat and draw more power than just 1 card. At the price of 2 GTX 560 Ti cards I would suggest getting an HD 7950 instead, it is slightly slower at stock speeds but you can overclock it quite easily to be faster.

Other thoughts:
Unless you are really sensitive to sound quality the on-board sound works just fine, no need for a soundcard.
Looking at reviews that CPU cooler is very good, but very loud. If you want something quieter the Noctua NH-U12P SE2 is quite good.

That is a good build....I would agree that for gaming purposes a 2500k is right there with a 2600k.

I am partial to corsiar supplies, but i am sure that cooler master is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom