First time computer build review!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"one long, two short - Video failure"

Try going into the BIOS (tap on the DEL key while it is booting) and disabling the onboard video.

Unfortunately no. I put in the windows 7 disk and its been sitting there saying:

Loading Operating System...

for about 5 hours now and nothing else happens. When I check my pc health status, it keeps saying that my case is open even though it isn't lol. Anyone know what this implies?

Your case is open? Does it have some sort of intrusion detection built into it?

It sounds like you are getting through the BIOS OK now. Maybe try booting with a liveCD of some sort so you can see if everything else is working.

I found out the beeps are not from the motherboard- they were coming from the HDD and DVDR. My motherboard and case didn't come with a speaker, which is pretty annoying. The DVDR made the two short beeps, which the guy in tech support said it means connection problems or something not working and the long beep came from the hdd. I think the hdd might be defective, because the DVDR detects the os cd when I put it in, but I ordered a 99c internal speaker just so I can precisely diagnose it. It should be here in a few days and I'll let you know what the beep codes are. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom