First time building gaming PC, thoughts and suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chillstalker

Baseband Member
Hi all!
Im going to build my first gaming PC this Christmas and would like some input/suggestions on the components I have chosen if you can spare the time. :)
Firstly im using the Case, PSU and HDD from the Desktop I have right now to try and keep costs down, afterall im on a pretty small budget. The PSU is 550W, the case is Mid so takes ATX/MicroATX and the HDD is 160GB (Can't really see the point in a big HDD, if i run out of disk space ill buy a bigger one in the future).
The components I have chosen are as follows, (and yes I love Amazon):

SAPPHIRE HD5670 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphic Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories GPU

AMD Athlon II X4 630 Quad-Core Processor - 2.80 GHz, 2MB Cache, Socket AM3, 95W, 45 nm, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories CPU

Motherboard
Either:
ASUS M4A78LT-M LE - AMD 760G - Socket AM3 - DDR3 1800(OC) - SATA 3Gb/s - SATA RAID - MicroATX - Onboard Graphics: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

or

Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G (Socket AM3) DDR3 microATX Motherboard []

could do with some help on them, I dont really know whether the extra cost out weighs the benefits??

CORSAIR 4GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Kit: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories RAM

Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP 12x BD-ROM / 16x DVD Writer Drive - Black (Retail) [] Optical Drive

Thanks in advance guys!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom