First time building gaming PC, thoughts and suggestions? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default First time building gaming PC, thoughts and suggestions?

Hi all!
Im going to build my first gaming PC this Christmas and would like some input/suggestions on the components I have chosen if you can spare the time.
Firstly im using the Case, PSU and HDD from the Desktop I have right now to try and keep costs down, afterall im on a pretty small budget. The PSU is 550W, the case is Mid so takes ATX/MicroATX and the HDD is 160GB (Can't really see the point in a big HDD, if i run out of disk space ill buy a bigger one in the future).
The components I have chosen are as follows, (and yes I love Amazon):

SAPPHIRE HD5670 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphic Card: Computers & Accessories GPU

AMD Athlon II X4 630 Quad-Core Processor - 2.80 GHz, 2MB Cache, Socket AM3, 95W, 45 nm, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed: Computers & Accessories CPU

ASUS M4A78LT-M LE - AMD 760G - Socket AM3 - DDR3 1800(OC) - SATA 3Gb/s - SATA RAID - MicroATX - Onboard Graphics: Computers & Accessories

Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G (Socket AM3) DDR3 microATX Motherboard []

could do with some help on them, I dont really know whether the extra cost out weighs the benefits??

CORSAIR 4GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Kit: Computers & Accessories RAM

Samsung SH-B123L/RSBP 12x BD-ROM / 16x DVD Writer Drive - Black (Retail) [] Optical Drive

Thanks in advance guys!!!!
Closed Thread