First time builder - Need help picking hardware (gaming PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any reason why your set on an e8400?
your computer would last longer if you were to get a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme and a Q6600 quad core and overclock to 3.6ghz

i also agree on avoiding the raptor

and if you have a microcenter near you, you can get a q6600 for 200. or someone on here (krazq maybe?) is selling one for 245 shipped (brand new) and there might be one in the buy sell trade forum

If it was a year ago and 8800GTX outperformed every other card on the market tremendously, I would say "Keep with that choice."

Unfortunately, nVidia has boosted every other card but the 8800gtx, I would go with two g92 512mb 8800gts, or just one to be more cost effective. I bought my 8800gtx last April, if I was to upgrade in graphics, I would just go to the route of another 8800gtx otherwise there is no real reason to buy a 8800gtx card.

I am not sure there is much. That is most likely a server chip, but I dont think it really matters.. but I dont know much about it. If I have time tonight, I will look it up for you. Google it, see what you find

Its possible the multi is diff(lower if diff) which is bad. Like I said though, Google it.

That processor isn't for gamining or anything your PC is geared towards. If you want a possible alternative to the e8400. The e6850, its 65nm and more expensive but it works, I guess.

not worth it. wait for an e8400, or get the q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom