first time builder here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the max monitor size you wanted to use like 22 inches? Because I have no idea how much GPU power you will need specifically for that size monitor.

Yeah, I have no intention of overclocking. I do have a few questions though to Prototype.
Why do you recommend Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM over HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721075KLA330 (0A35154) 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM is it just brand and price?

You said you aren't sure if this is enough. How unsure are you? And what would you recommend as a backup plan?

Also, I thought my case choice was decent. I'm trying to keep the price down while keeping in mind that I need to spend money to get a decent rig. What was wrong with RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail?

And Lastly, why both GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3P LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard - Retail and ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail look like they have the same specs to me...is your recommendation just on price/brand?

Thanks for the feedback.

The difference between p35 and x38 are the chipsets. The x38 is the newer chipset and supposedly overclocks better. It also has support for pci-e 2.0.

well i think the P35 is best for him since he isnt going to overclock but i think ppl should overclock the Q6600 to 3GHz to have a faster CPU for a cheaper price.

Seagate are fast and quite and it is cheaper and u can use the money u save on other parts since it is the same space

get this one Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC, CCC - Power Supplies or the P&C 610w

i think ppl should overclock the Q6600 to 3GHz to have a faster CPU for a cheaper price.

Well, if it is an easy thing to do, and not too easy to screw everything up, I'm down for learning how to do it if it's worth it.

Also, one more question re Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

It's oem and (at least as was said in the feedback section for this part) it doesn't come with cables. So are those available in any computer parts store?

Looks good to me. Psu has good amperage too. 57amps on the 12v

how many times have I told you that you CANNOT just add up the rails together and say that is the total output? The total output is 53.5A on the 12's if you look at the side panel not 57...now with this many amps it's not a big deal but if you tell someone they need 40 and recommend a PSU with 2 20A rails you will screw them becuase the rails will probably only be putting out 37 or so.

Also...go with the Corsair 650tx or 550VX from buy.com or zipzoomfly...better sites for PSU's as they have lower prices and free shipping.

you've never told me any times. Do me a favor take the stick out your butt. Thats exactly what I would do too, is recommend someone the exact amount of amps they actually needed. I see your point..... bad example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom