first time builder here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think though that the OP wants to keep costs down too

Also I don't think he wants to over clock at all.

the build is almost the same price and better. he will be able to overclock if he wants a cheaper rig, i could do it just tell me the budget and what parts u need.

The stock heatsink will be sufficient for running at stock speed. But if you overclock, you'll need a better heatsink.

Thats what i was thinking. I think he wants to play the AoC game thats coming out, this build gonna do it you think?

the build is almost the same price and better. he will be able to overclock if he wants a cheaper rig, i could do it just tell me the budget and what parts u need.

Ah ok thanks, if you could do that, it would be great. I think the parts he listed added up to 1165 dollars or so. If you can do better that would be really awesome.

Check out the corsair 520hx, the evga 750i FTW, and the 9600GT. Unless you are using a 24" monitor you wont need the GTS. Heck 2 9600GT cards in SLI will outperform the 8800GTS, and be cheaper.
Newegg.com - EVGA 123-YW-E175-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i FTW SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N861-AR GeForce 9600GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX 520W ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 2.91 Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

Theres rebates involved, but this will outperform the gts 512, and give you the ability to stepup to the newer cards in 3 months if you so wish.

woa, skip the corsair psu and get that pc&p. Didnt realize it dropped in price so far.

Yeah, I have no intention of overclocking. I do have a few questions though to Prototype.
Why do you recommend Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3750330AS 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM over HITACHI Deskstar 7K1000 HDS721075KLA330 (0A35154) 750GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM is it just brand and price?

You said you aren't sure if this is enough. How unsure are you? And what would you recommend as a backup plan?

Also, I thought my case choice was decent. I'm trying to keep the price down while keeping in mind that I need to spend money to get a decent rig. What was wrong with RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black SECC STEEL ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail?

And Lastly, why both GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3P LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Dynamic Energy Saver Ultra Durable II Intel Motherboard - Retail and ASUS P5E LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail look like they have the same specs to me...is your recommendation just on price/brand?

Thanks for the feedback.

The difference between p35 and x38 are the chipsets. The x38 is the newer chipset and supposedly overclocks better. It also has support for pci-e 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom