First Time Builder, Experts Needed Greatly!

compatible? sure.

be sure to price check against newegg before ordering.

i really cant recommend the motherboard or psu.
for mb's: stick with asus and gigabyte in general unless someone can really recommend another brand. apparently asrock is doing a lot better with their boards.

for psu's: stick with antec, corsair and seasonic unless there is something else that is recommended.

either upgrade the the cpu to the i5-2500k, or downgrade the h60 cooler. unless youre shooting for a very quiet system, there is no reason to upgrade the cooler so much for a chip that won't overclock. for a money saving system, i would rather use the extra money from that cooler to get a better gpu.

and welcome to tech forums.

You definitely don't need a liquid cooler for that CPU and I agree with jasonalwaysready about the ECS board, go with ASUS or Gigabyte. You'll probably be OK with the psu but if you drop the cooler (not needed since the stock cooler that comes with the cpu will work fine) you could put more money into a name brand psu.

The stock cooler is extremely noisy for these things and if the ambient temp isn't rather cool in the summer then the chip can get toasty. Speaking with experience here as I'm using an H50 on a stock 2500k and it still gets warm.

The ECS Black board is ok but says it is out of stock. If it is more than 120 bucks then I suggest getting a better board at that.
Also unless you have a CompUSA near you that can you can get store pickup from then go with Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

Ultra PSU's were great in the day when they designed the modular system. Now, I wouldn't pay 10 bucks for one.

Back
Top Bottom