As the title suggests, I am a first time builder who only has a rough idea of how to go about this process. I have been doing a good deal of research when I have the spare time, and I registered on these forums because every seems very willing to help and knowledgeable. So let me start by saying thank you to everyone here in advance for the assistance that you provide.
So here are some thing to know about what I am trying to build:
- I am look to build a gaming machine for around $1,000 that will run SC2, Diablo III, and WoW at max settings and 1920 x 1080with no hiccups.
- I need to include a monitor in this budget.
- I already ordered Windows 7 Home Professional 64 bit through student discount.
- I've never overclocked anything, and I probably won't with this machine unless it provides a truly noticeable difference.
- Would you guys recommend and i3/i5 or a Phenom II?
- My current thinking is that the 1GB Radeon HD 5770 provides the best value at budget, but I don't know how to pick a brand/manufacturer (Asus, Gigabyte, etc.)
Finally, I am currently thinking about buying this monitor for it:
Newegg.com - ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 (ASCR 20000:1) Built in Speakers
If you all could help me put together a build, or find some nice combo deals on newegg, I would be much appreciative. Thanks so much in advance.