first time build, please look over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Asus D2x. great card.

You would still be able to have that sound card and a graphics card. Sound cards can go in PCI-e x16 slots too. The slot will just downgrade to whatever the sound card needs.

Go with teh 750tx. At this day and age you want headroom. If you want it to be futureproof and be able to expand get teh 750tx. Why not go for more watts for less money?? That seems to make sense to me.

P.S. Please don't ever use the word uber again... ha

Go with teh 750tx. At this day and age you want headroom. If you want it to be futureproof and be able to expand get teh 750tx. Why not go for more watts for less money?? That seems to make sense to me.

P.S. Please don't ever use the word uber again... ha

Actually, in this day and age, we should be looking at lower power consumption.

go with the 4870, and the 750tx is a very nice PSU... It does have a ton of cables... in a case without decent wire management it can get very stuffed... I went with my 750tx for future proofing... and started building another computer before I ever really needed it... so perhaps you might go for the corsair 650 model?

Actually, in this day and age, we should be looking at lower power consumption.

I guess it's who you talk to. Just about everyone and their brother is all about futureproof. They don't want to have to upgrade for a long time. With that power supply unless you're going with a tri-sli setup or something, you'd have enough headroom for just about anything..

I'm not talking about futureproof, I'm saying products are hopefully going to be consuming less and less power. CPUs will consume less power as the dies are made smaller and same with GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom