First time build need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you still have your i5 pc? cuz you said your "old i5" so what do you have now?

if you still have that rig and it does what you do, then i personally don't see a point in dropping cash on a new system. if you just want to turn the eye candy up in games, you could just upgrade your gfx card. what card do you have now?

i'm kinda agreeing with Farinha here, it seems like a waste. yes the i7 is fast, faster than an i5, but if the i5 is doing what you want then...?

I still think buying a i7 while having a i5 for playing SC2 and WOW is a waste of money... I would save the cash and wait for the cpu to come out. But it's his money so...

My apologies for not being completely clear, I no longer have the old system (gave it to my brother). Im building a brand new system to play sc2 and wow on, and yes those aren't high end games, but I want the power to play anything that I may find in the future without struggling. Im looking into i7 because I've heard its the power house. After reading several threads on this site I've started working on a build to post on here for you all to help me with. Thanks for the continued quick replies and all your help.

Thanks Abstract Hero I was actually using your build to base my build off of. So here is my next question and I'm sure it will seem like a stupid question but id rather be safe than sorry. When it comes to cases does it really matter? I've heard antec and mastercooler are the best to look at, any opinions?

Antec and Cooler Master are the best for the money cases they pretty much hold the standard of how a case should be built and perform.

If you want something else you need to think airflow, strength, and practicality. So look for wire hiding and lots of fans or well placed fans as well as sturdy metal.

Once again thanks for the quick reply, I was trying to decide between the antec 600 series and the one you posted. Now all I need to do is upgrade from my 19" monitor and im good to go. Merry early Christmas to me. Thanks for all your help.

I would say the HAF because the 600 doesn't have great wire concealment. Just my 2 cents. No problem. Post up here what you have so we can give you our final thoughts before you buy.

I went with the build you posted except I'm throwing in windows 7 home premium, acer 21.5" LCD monitor, and logitech speakers. Am I forgetting anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom