First Time Build Critique Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a P45. Don't get an nvidia board. They aren't bad, but why settle for good when you can get great? Especially when great is a lot cheaper.

Get either a Biostar I45, or an Asus P5Q.

And as for the Sunbeam, it is awesome! I'm running 4ghz with an e7200 and my idle temps are 38c. My cpu is cooler at 4ghz with this cooler than it was at 3ghz with the stock cooler.

And just because your mobo supports DR3, doesn't mean you should get it. The stuff is expensive and right now there isn't a big performance bump. Your better getting DDR2. Especially when you can afford 2 gigs of quality memory with Micron D-9s for under $50.

ehhh not a good time to invest in ddr3

they are going to meet a new jedec standard with lower volts... so we will get chaeper lower volted ram if you wanted to wait a bit

i myself am an SLi lover :) much more so than crossfire!! thats almost exactly like the build i will be making myself ;)

and zmatt... im' sure he wants SLi as an options... 100 percent sure,....

I don't recommended getting a 790i. The reviews I have seen show it getting significantly lower fsb's than the Biostar 145, which is allot cheaper.

*whistles*
The Good: Me likey the ddr3, and and care about overclocking cause it just runs your gfx card down (after a few years eventually to death) so i think the mother boards nice too.
The Bad: I don't care too much for the intel card either, if you're gonna chuck most of your savings away, go all out and get the EXTREME QX6700.
The Ugly: if you want a drive that will last you longer and will never slow down, get an SSD. cause regarless of your processor or ram, that Rigs gonna run just as slow unless you have an ssd cause the HDD WILL NOT be able to keep up.

nice though!

Kurai

also the q6600, is it worth it. Is this easy to overclock? Is it a good bang vs buck cpu. What would different be with this and q9450

also the q6600, is it worth it. Is this easy to overclock? Is it a good bang vs buck cpu. What would different be with this and q9450

The q6600 is an older quad based on a 65nm fabrication process. The Q9550 is a newer chip and is considerably faster. The Q6600 is a good overclocker but the speed difference between the q6600 and the Q9550 is enough to warrant not getting the Q6600 now a days.

Q6600's just come in crappy batches nowadays anyways, I think with a Biostar I45 and a Q9550 are really excellent for the price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom