first time build/are all the parts compatible

just to be safe i think i am going to change to a dh-14 and use low profile corsair ram. and if i can get the 3770k for the price of a 3570k should i go for it?

if anyone has used or heard of the Phanteks PH-TC14PE i would love to hear opinions because it is fairly new and cheaper than the Noctua NH-D14

It's a sealed loop that can't leak unless you do something extremely dumb like bend the pipes till they bust. And even that is hard (I've tried). Your motherboard has more of a chance of warping from weight strain than that loop can leak.

if i got a water cooled system i think i would want to upgrade the radiator. the case can support up to a 360 mm rad and if i plan on water cooling more components later on what rad would you suggest. or should i just stick with the h80 or h100 until i feel the need to upgrade the gpu?

To be quite honest, you don't need any of it unless you plan to OC. The H80 would be a nice cooler to keep your CPU cool without a ton of noise from the stock fan. Then again, so would a Hyper 212. The Hydro series is a closed sealed loop so no upgrading of the parts, leak testing, or air bubbles. Just mount and go. I just suggested the H80 because I feel massive chunks of metal aren't needed anymore.

alright ill do some research. h80 h100 or the d14. thank you PP Mguire, helped a lot in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom