First time build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, here it is

2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix Tracer 240-pin DIMM (with LEDs), DDR2 PC2-5300 upgrades for Giga-Byte GA-P35-DS3R Motherboard, CT682951 from Crucial.com

Fixed the mobo link. Why an 8800 GTS? Why would I need that if I don't want DX10? I imagine most games will be DX9 compatible for awhile

If you dont want it, thats up to you...but you will get better performance out of 8800 GTS and youll be future proof for a while

In the long road it will save you money b/c you dont have to buy another video card once you decide you want to upgrade and go dx10

What's the difference between the two PSUs besides 50 volts? As for my budget, I don't want to exceed 1500-1600 if I don't have to. And I know about the price cut coming up. I don't plan t get a quad core as I really doubt I'll need it. Also, what is wrong with the memory I chose? I just want to know so I know what to look for in the future.

Are you kidding me!?!?!?

With your budget you can get a WAY better build than this!

The xclio is more stable and if you want to overclock it will help

Just because I said I don't want to exceed 1500-1600 dollars doesnt mean I want to spend it all. However, I will if it's really worth it. Do you have a build suggestion for me?

Its my understanding the price cuts will affect more than just the quads, but being a cheapskate who expects his pc to last a minimum of 5 more years, I don't pay much attention. ;)

Just because I said I don't want to exceed 1500-1600 dollars doesnt mean I want to spend it all. However, I will if it's really worth it. Do you have a build suggestion for me?

i'll give u a $1k budget system, and tell u to blow ur extra 500$ on a car or something :)

8800gts 320mb (i know u dont want it but its got nice bang for the buck, the sapphire x1950xt works otherwise)
e6420
xclio greatpower550
gigabyte p35-ds3r
g-skill hz or crucial ballistix 2 gb kit
antec 900
af7
use the hd u selected and optical drive

i'll give u a $1k budget system, and tell u to blow ur extra 500$ on a car or something :)

8800gts 320mb (i know u dont want it but its got nice bang for the buck, the sapphire x1950xt works otherwise)
e6420
xclio greatpower550
gigabyte p35-ds3r
g-skill hz or crucial ballistix 2 gb kit
antec 900
af7
use the hd u selected and optical drive

Under 1k I wouldve suggested the same.

In the other hand if your willing to go in the 1500-1600 range you can build yourself a really nice rig :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom