On First Startup, what the **** do I do in BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
This is my first custom PC. I have all the parts, just waiting on the graphics card.

I have no f'in idea what do in Bios when it first starts up. Can someone shed some light on this subject for me? There is tutorials on the net, but nothing that deals with my specific PC parts. Will my PC recognize the hardware immediately, or do I have manually tell it everything?

Here is my list...

Motherboard:
ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Processor:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz LGA 775 Processor

Power Supply:
ENERMAX ATX 550W Power Supply

Graphics Card:
eVGA GeForce 8800GTS 640MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card

Memory:
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory 2GBHZ

Speakers:
Logitech THX Z-5300e 280 Watts RMS 5.1 Speakers

Monitor: (22" Widescreen HDMI)
SCEPTRE x22wg-Gamer Black 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen HDMI LCD Monitor

Sound Card:
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card

Hard Drive:
SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

Thanks
Joe

The only thing you may have to do is change the memory settings. (voltage/frequency) But even if you do nothing, it will still work.

Why do you have to change memory timings, ive had several pc's and never touched the memory. What should i be doing ?

lol, your memory will most probably be fine but you can check what the rated timings are in the manual or website then if your bios displays it under different ratings then you will be able to change them to get the best performace.

Your motherboard should just automatically sense everything. You shouldn't have to spend anytime in Bios at all unless you're tweaking things.

ok, phew..

So all I have to do in BIOS is tell the PC to recognize the DVD-Rom so I can install XP than?

King$nake said:
ok, phew..

So all I have to do in BIOS is tell the PC to recognize the DVD-Rom so I can install XP than?

In most cases, no. The DVD drive will be the only bootable device so it should run XP just by inserting the disc.

Once the setup files load onto the hard drive after the formating, it should default to the hard drive. (since its bootable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom