First Rig Finalised...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chugget

Baseband Member
Hi,

I have settled upon my first build. This is what I have in mind (decided not to but through EBAY) lol

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.asp?ID=4555411

A couple of quick questions though..

1. Since it is my first build ( and not very technologically involved), I will not be overclocking... at first anyways... Should I ditch the heatsink and get this monitor instead???
Newegg.com - Acer AL2223Wd Black-Silver 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

2. Is the PSU an overkill???

3. Would I need a soundcard. I am a gamer with a headset...

4. Would I see a massive improvement with 3 or even 4 gigs of RAM?

Thank you...

No dice yet. After you move it to a temp list you need to log in and then set it as Public. You'll know you've done that when you have given it a name.

This can be really confusing I know..took me a while. It's ok

LOL Sorry Sora. Hows that. I think that might be it...

Wait, it still says secure... *&^&^

Wish list details

1) If you're really not overclocking, then yeah I guess you should ditch the heatsink but not overclocking a Core 2 Duo just isn't worth it. I would keep the 19", change the HSF to a Scythe Ninja/Tuniq Tower and overclock it. Just read a couple guides, shouldn't be too difficult. You don't have to max it out balls to the wall or anything.

2) Yeah it's overkill but it's not too bad. I would get something around 550-600W from Seasonic, Silverstone, Enermax, Corsair, OCZ etc.

My choice would be Corsair HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W Power Supply at ZipZoomfly. Plenty of power for future upgrades and you can't get much better then a Corsair.

3) You don't "need" a sound card but an X-Fi XtremeGamer would give you a HUGE difference between onboard sound.

4) No. Not worth it unless your budget is pretty much unlimited.

Why the 80gig IDE hard drive though?

I'm also not a fan of the case but that's just me. You can do a lot better for $120 in my opinion.

Hey don't be frontin on the Nine Hundred heh...that case is where Flashiness meets performance. There are better cases yea but If you are a young guy like me and likes to destroy his friends little Dells you wish you had a Nine Hundred...

It;s still a very good case...it cools very well and looks nice too. There are crazy gaudy looking cases like the NZXT Nemesis lol but thats almost too flashy..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom