First Proposal - But will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShiva

Solid State Member
AMD Phenom II X6 3.2GHz 1090T 6 core Processor (AMD based project :D )

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO - AMD 890GX - Socket AM3 - PCI-E 2.0 (x16) - DDR3 2000(OC) - SATA 6Gb/s - SATA RAID - ATX

Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A 4GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM WD5000AAKS

MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti OC Twin FrozR II 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW

Antec High Current Gamer 520W PSU (May change this)

----------------------------------------
Red font = I wasn't too sure about the compatibility of the 6 core AMD CPU with this motherboard.

Compatibility check anyone ? and suggestions if it can be improved :) Thnx in advance !

Switch the WD Blue for a WD Black.

Go with 1600 RAM.

Don't buy an OC graphics card unless you want it for the cooler or are getting it for the same or cheaper than the regular one. You can OC a card super easy so paying for an OC is just wasting money.

I won't touch an LG optical drive... burn me once...

Antec make good PSUs. You won't go wrong with one.

You will want an after-market cooler, especially if the stock cooler is as loud as the cooler was for my 965.

Okay guys I thought about this lineup and i revamped it a little, thoughts and suggestions please =] !

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2GHz 1090T 6 core Processor

Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard

Corsair TW3X4G1333C9A 4GB 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Kit (too late to edit this)

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB SATAII 16MB Cache 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive OEM WD5000AAKS (Change to black ?)

CrossFireX for : 2 x PIXMANIA Radeon HD 6850 - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 2.1

LG GH22NS50.AUAA 22x SATA DVDRW (need a decent optical drive best value for £)

Antec High Current Gamer 520W PSU ( need to enquire about the required Wattage for the twin GPU's )

A single 6850 requires a 500W PSU so you probably need a 750W for two of them. But, honestly, I would go with a single 6870 or a 6950 and flash it into a 6970.

As much as I like AMD you would be better served going with an Intel i5 2500K and a P67 board. That would push the cost of the CPU/mobo up by at least $50 but you would get more speed out of it (even with four cores instead of six). You could make up that difference by going with the 6950 or 6870.

Yes, switch the Blue to a Black. The price difference is minimal.

Grab a LiteOn or Sony optical drive.

You can stay with Antec for the PSU. Just go with a 750W or better.

Would a single £200 HD6950 out-perform twin HD 6850s (found a good price for £220 for both) ? If so then I'd easily ditch the CrossFire idea and stick with the solo HD6970.

I've already got my CPU and Mobo , the CPU was at like 25% off the RRP so it was a good purchase at the time :neutral:

I'll most definately opt for the Black instead of Blue WD HDD though ;)

Looking for a LiteOn/Sony Optical drive as we speak. [any suggestions on decent ones at decent prices?]

And i'll definately upgrade to 750W instead of the lesser 500 etc.

You would have to do some Googling to find benchmark comparisions for the performance. I know, for me, I would rather run a single card than two if I could as it is less noise, less heat, and less power needed to run it.

If you already have the CPU and mobo then i guess you are good on that. ;) you may want to look at an after-market heatsink if the stock one is too loud for you (mine was).

I am in the US and am not familiar with UK hardware etailers plus NewEgg has spoiled me. You can use NewEgg to find your stuff and then look for it there on the UK sites.

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T [ Check ]

Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard [ Check ]

Corsair XMS3 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit [ Quick question here : I've already got 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz memory sticks. Would they function alongside 1600's ? If so I may stack up from 4 to 8GB RAM]

Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache - OEM [ Need to get this ]

2 x ATi Radeon HD 6850 - 1 GB GDDR5 [ Gonna stick with the CrossFire idea :angel: ]

Sony AD-5260S-0B 24x Internal DVDRW SATA Black Bare [ taken from a suggestion, good choice ? ]

Corsair Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 80 Plus Bronze PSU [Thought bigger for 2 GPU's ?]

Any more tweaking before the final orders :suprised: ?

The 1600 will be downclocked to 1333 if you use the two different speeds together.

That Sony drive looks good.

Corsair Enthusiast 850W is a good choice.

You should be ready to go with that. The only other suggestion I would have would be (if you have the money) to get a SSD for your OS. A 60GB would be the minimum; my Win7 is currently at 84.858GB so a 100GB would be better. Go with OCZ or G.Skill or Intel.

Thanks alot :D , so I should ideally get a 100GB Solid-State Drive for the Operating system and maybe a secondary 500GB HD or so ?

If Windows Home Premium only Requires 20GB memory is it smart to then buy a small 60GB SSD and a 500GB HDD secondary drive ? and can anyone support this or does Windows 7 Home Premium require more than 20GB of space on a 64bit system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom